Taxi Drivers English Assessment Test
To be a taxi driver in NSW, you must pass an English assessment acceptable to Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) to make sure your level of English is not lower than the National Minimum English Standard. This level has been set to ensure that taxi drivers have sufficient English to be able to carry out their service effectively and to communicate comfortably, in English, with the general public.
The assessment contains 4 parts - listening, reading, writing and speaking.
The written format of listening, reading and writing will take around 45 minutes. The individual speaking test is 10 minutes. You will be informed of your speaking test time when you apply.
Western Sydney University The College, Level 4, 8 Australia Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
The College is located next to Sydney Olympic Park train station and it is 20 to 30 minutes' drive from the Sydney CBD.
$175.00 inclusive of GST. See payment instructions below.
2017 TEST DATES
- Thursday, 10 August 2017
- Thursday, 17 August 2017
- Thursday, 24 August 2017
- Thursday, 31 August 2017
- Thursday, 7 September 2017
- Thursday, 14 September 2017
- Thursday, 21 September 2017
- Thursday, 28 September 2017
- Thursday, 5 October 2017
- Thursday, 12 October 2017
- Thursday, 19 October 2017
- Thursday, 26 October 2017
- Thursday, 2 November 2017
- Thursday, 9 November 2017
- Thursday, 16 November 2017
- Thursday, 23 November 2017
- Thursday, 30 November 2017
- Thursday, 7 December 2017
- Thursday, 14 December 2017
9:30 am start (You must arrive before 9:15 am. Late arrivals will not be admitted into the test room.)
NOTE: It is your responsibility to check if you need to undertake the English Assessment Test for Taxi Drivers before making the test booking and payment.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Enrol in person at The College English Programs Office:
- Level 4, 8 Australia Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
2. Send an email to email@example.com with the following documents:
- A completed and signed Taxi Drivers English Assessment Test application form
- A copy of payment receipt
- A copy of photo identity (e.g. Driver's Licence or Passport)
Please pay your test fees via OneStop. No cash or cheques will be accepted.
CANCELLATIONS & APPEALS
If you would like to cancel your test or request to have your test date changed, you must contact us by calling 9685 9734 one week prior to your test date.
No refunds or transfers will be given without one week's notice.
If you wish to appeal after you have received your results, follow the directions in your letter. You must appeal within 21 days. The cost is $55 inclusive of GST.
You will be informed of the test result by mail.
If you don't pass the test, you can do another test 4 weeks later. If you fail the test a second time, you must wait 8 weeks before attempting the test again.
For more information, you can download a program flyer or contact us below:
If you have any questions, please call us on +61 2 9685 9734.