Western Sydney University, The College is a vibrant and fast growing organisation. We are always looking for people with the right attitude and qualifications, especially teaching staff.
Qualification Requirements For Academic Teachers
- As per TEQSA requirements, all Academic Teachers require either undergraduate or postgraduate qualifications in the area of specialisation they are looking to teach in.
- In addition, Foundation unit teachers will require a teaching qualification along with at least two years of relevant teaching experience.
- For teachers applying to teach Academic English, along with a recognised degree (English, Applied Linguistics or equivalent), you will require an appropriate English language teaching qualification e.g. Dip. Ed, TESOL or CELTA, and at least two years' experience teaching English, English as a Second Language or English as a Foreign Language.
What Does 'Casual Eligibility List' Mean?
- If successful, you will remain on the Casual Eligibility List whilst you are actively engaged for duties. Following a period of 12 months without being engaged for duties, you will be removed from the Casual Eligibility List and will need to reapply for any opportunities as they arise
- If successful, being on the Casual Eligibility List means that you will be considered for teaching duties within Academic Pathways, subject to timetabling requirements and/or for relief opportunities
- Before the commencement of each term you will be provided with the opportunity to complete an 'availability survey' to indicate preferred working hours/days, your timetable will be dependent on operational needs matched with your availability.
- The timetable is subject to change throughout each term and as a result there can be no guarantee of hours.