Diploma of Media and Communication (SIBT)
If you have completed a Diploma of Media and Communication with Sydney Institute of Business and Technology (SIBTMC) Students must pass all the subjects in the SIBT diploma to qualify for admission with advanced standing of 80cp to the approved degree.
|Pathway code||Degree||Credit granted||Credit details|
|17L0115||Bachelor of Communication 1696||80 credit points|
(160 credit points remain)
Remember, if you decide to change your major during your studies, you need to check to see how your credit counts in your new major. If you are unsure about this speak with your Director of Academic Program, their contact information can be accessed from the Handbook(opens in a new window).
^ GPA = Grade Point Average
Next steps for current students:
- Complete section 1 and 2 of the enrolment process, as detailed on the How do I enrol webpage(opens in a new window)
- Claim your Pathways credit online(opens in a new window)
- Continue from section 3 of the enrolment process.
If there is no pathway listed from your completed qualification to your chosen degree, please instead lodge an application for Advanced Standing(opens in a new window) to be assessed for potential credit.
Credit details for Bachelor of Communication (Advertising, Journalism or Public Relations):
- 10cps - 101920 Writing Ecologies
- 10cps - 101927 Foundations of Media Arts and Production
- 10cps - 102421 Data, Mediation and Power
- 10cps - 101921 Visual Storytelling
- 40cps - unspecified electives