Study Smart Officers
Library Study Smart Officers can help you with your academic writing and study skills. This is a SSAF-funded service so it’s free to you. Officers are available face-to-face for 20-minute sessions at your campus library during the following times:
- Spring session: All campuses except Nirimba from 5th August - 15th November. Nirimba from 5th August - 4th October.
- Summer A: Bankstown, Liverpool, Parramatta South and PCC from 25th November - 20th December 2019.
- College Term 3: Bankstown and Nirimba from 11th November - 20th December, and then 6th-24th January.
To help you make the most of your time, we use a virtual queue management system called QLess. Find instructions for joining the queue below.
Your officer might suggest you are referred for a personalised skills development session - feel free to ask them about it.
Check the FAQs (opens in a new window) to find out what you need to prepare for your Study Smart Officer visit and check what type of help a Study Smart Officer can give you.
How to join the virtual queue
On the day you would like to visit a Study Smart Advisor, join the queue online by selecting your campus from the drop-down list below. Then:
- Enter your name and mobile number.
- You will receive a text message when it's your turn.
Study Smart Officer hours at each campus
Role of the Study Smart Officer
Study Smart Officers do:
Study Smart Officers do not:
Work with you to help develop new academic reading and writing skills, and to develop new techniques for interpreting assignment questions
Tell you how to answer an assignment question
Help you learn how to spot and fix errors in your writing
Proofread or edit your work
Provide tips for planning your assignment
Give you a plan for your assignment
Advise on how to structure your assignment
Advise on subject specific information
Show you techniques for developing a convincing academic argument
Write sentences or paragraphs for you