Our Study Smart and MESH services are currently available via Zoom only. You can ask for assignment feedback and writing advice, check your referencing and citation knowledge, or get help with maths and stats.
Check below for details of how to access each service.
Ask an expert about:
Searching, referencing & citation skills
Book an appointment (opens in a new window)
Meet with a Study Smart Librarian.
- Learn the correct way to reference and cite your sources.
- Learn advanced searching tips to find the best information for your assignments.
- Go beyond Google and get the edge.
- Learn tips to evaluate, store and manage information efficiently for study.
Maths and stats
Meet with a MESH Advisor via Zoom
Maths and stats help is provided by the Mathematics Education Support Hub (MESH) and is available during semester.
View MESH Advisor hours here (opens in new window).
- Get maths, stats and numeracy support.
- Revise or ‘brush-up’ on your basic maths skills.
- Understand and use the mathematics needed for your assignments and studies.
- Develop your statistical skills.
As a Western student there are plenty of study services available to help you on your learning journey.
As a student at Western, you have access to Studiosity. This online service provides 24 hour study assistance. You can log in from any vUWS site and follow the prompts to access the service. The two primary services provided are:
Writing Feedback, covering:
One–to–one online study help, covering:
- Core English skills
- General study skills
How to log in to Studiosity:
- Log in to vUWS (opens in new window) using your normal WesternAccount details (your student ID number and password).
- Look for the Studiosity item on your My vUWS dashboard.
- Follow the prompts to access the service.
Academic literacy workshops
Academic literacy and grammar workshops can help you develop essential academic writing, essay writing and referencing skills. The workshops are run pre-session and during the intra-session breaks. Due to COVID-19, the workshops are being run online until further notice.
The workshops are good for new and returning students wanting to update or refresh their skills. Workshops may be especially helpful if you’ve had a break from study, want to check the expectations of academic study, or if you haven’t studied in Australia before.
For more information, visit: westernsydney.edu.au/academicliteracy (opens in a new window)
PASS - Peer Assisted Study Sessions
Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) are collaborative and informal study sessions. Sessions are run by your peers, senior students who have successfully completed the unit and can help you exceed your study expectations. Sessions are free, weekly and no registration is required. Just check the website timetable and turn up! Due to COVID-19, PASS is now offered online only.
For more information, visit: westernsydney.edu.au/pass (opens in a new window)