Professor Tong Wu
Office of the Vice-Chancellor and President
- PhD UCLA - University of California (USA)
- MUrbPlan Columbia University (NY)
- BArch UCLA - University of California (USA)
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Office of the Vice-Chancellor and President
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Chapters in Books
- Mikhailova, E., Wu, C. and Chubarov, I. (2019), 'Blagoveshchensk and Heihe : (un)contested twin cities on the Sino-Russian border?', Twin Cities: Urban Communities, Borders and Relationships over Time, Routledge 9781138098008.
- Wu, C. (2017), 'Periphery, borders and regional development', Insurgencies and Revolutions: Reflections on John Friedmann's Contributions to Planning Theory and Practice, Routledge 9781138682641.
- Martinez-Fernandez, C. and Wu, C. (2009), 'Shrinking Cities: A global overview and concerns about Australian mining cities cases', The Future of Shrinking Cities: Problems, Patterns and Strategies of Urban Transformation in a Global Context, Centre for Global Metropolitan Studies, Institute of Urban and Regional Development .
- Mikhailova, E. and Wu, C. (2017), 'Ersatz twin city formation? : the case of Blagoveshchensk and Heihe', Journal of Borderlands Studies, vol 32, no 4 , pp 513 - 533.
- Wu, C. and Rii, H. (2017), 'Gambling for more : casinos as a development strategy for a shrinking Korean region', Town Planning Review, vol 88, no 1 , pp 59 - 78.
- Martinez-Fernandez, C., Wu, C., Schatz, L., Taira, N. and Vargas-Hernandez, J. (2012), 'The shrinking mining city : urban dynamics and contested territory', International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, vol 36, no 2 , pp 245 - 260.
- Wu, C. (2011), 'Two-speed urbanisation : shrinking cities amid urban congestion', Significance, vol 8, no 2 , pp 75 - 78.
- Martinez-Fernandez, C. and Wu, C. (2007), 'Stadtentwicklung in einer differenten Wirklichkeit. Schrumpfende Stadte in Australien', Berliner Debatte Initial, vol 18 , pp 45 - 60.
- Wu, C. and Maneepong, C. (2004), 'Comparative Borderland Developments in Thailand', Asean Economic Bulletin, vol 21, no 2 , pp 135 - 166.
- Martinez-Fernandez, C. and Wu, C. (2007), 'Shrinking Cities: Environmental Legacy and Management', 2nd International Congress on Environmental Planning and Management, Technische Universitat Berlin.
- Martinez-Fernandez, C. and Wu, C. (2007), 'Shrinking Cities in Australia', STATE OF AUSTRALIAN CITIES CONFERENCE 2007 (SOAC 2007 ), adelaide.
- 2011, 'Building Arabic Businesses: Alternative Pathways to Employment Generation in Sydney's Auburn-Bankstown Corridor', Report
|Title:||Building Arabic Businesses: Alternative Pathways to Employment Generation in Sydney's West Central Sub-region|
|Western Researchers:||Phillip O'Neill, Tong Wu and Felicity Wray|
|Years:||2010-06-09 - 2010-09-30|