Professor Andrew Korda
School of Medicine
ANDREW KORDA AMMA MHL MB BS FRCOG FRACOG CU FACLM
Consultant Gynaecologist and UrogynaecologisRoom 404, Level 4Royal Prince Alfred Medical Centre100 Carillon AvenueNewtown NSW 2042AustraliaT +61 2 9557 2450 F +61 2 9550 6257 E firstname.lastname@example.org
ABBREVIATED CURRICULUM VITAE
Andrew Korda is currently Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University of Western Sydney, Lecturer in Gynaecology at the University of Sydney, Chairman of the Pelvic Floor Unit at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Senior Gynaecological Surgeon at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Chairman of the Medical Advisory Board at the Sydney Day Surgery, and Trustee of the Australian Bladder Foundation.
He is a past Chairman of the Urogynaecological Subspecialty Committee of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Associate Editor of the International Urogynaecological Journal, Chief Examiner in Urogynaecology of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Examiner for the Membership in the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Head of the Department of Gynaecology at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. He has been involved in numerous RANZCOG educational activities over the years.
Andrew Korda is a graduate in Medicine from the University of Sydney (MB BS). He is a Fellow of the RANZCOG (FRANZCOG) with Certification in Urogynaecology (CU) and is a Fellow of the Australian College of Legal Medicine (FACLM). He holds Masters' degrees in Arts and Health Law from the University of Sydney.
Andrew Korda is currently involved in four significant professional activities: membership of the faculty of medicine and teaching of medical students at the newly established University of Western Sydney Medical School; running a private general gynaecological and urogynaecological practice at the Royal Prince Alfred Medical Centre; running urodynamic diagnostic services in five major centres in Sydney: Newtown, St Leonards, Chatswood, Bankstown, Concord, Liverpool and Penrith; and providing public gynaecological and urogynaecological care at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, including being on call for gynaecological and obstetric disasters.
Andrew Korda was awarded the Mabel Elizabeth Leaver Prize for Obstetrics and the Aisling Memorial Society Prize by the University of Sydney; was Chenhall Travelling Fellow in Gynaecology and recipient of the Searle Travelling Fellowship.
He has held research and consultant positions in Sydney, Oxford (UK), Banbury (UK) and New York (USA).
He has published extensively in the medical literature on pelvic floor and urinary dysfunction in women, is the author of eighty-five original articles in refereed journals and chapters in books.
He is a member of the International Urogynaecological Association, International Continence Society, the Urodynamics Society, the Australian Medical Association and the Medico legal Society of New South Wales.
Andrew Korda has had many years experience in medico-legal work, providing independent medico-legal opinions to plaintiff and defence lawyers and is accredited to give medico-legal opinion in general gynaecology and urogynaecology by the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
This information has been contributed by Professor Korda.
- MHlthLaw University of Sydney
- MA University of Sydney
- MBBS University of Sydney
- Medicolegal issues
- Nazi Medical Experimentation
- Pelvic Floor Disorders
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- School of Medicine
|Phone:||(02) 4620 3901|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- George, A., Ajwani, S., Bhole, S., Dahlen, H., Reath, J., Korda, A., Ng Chok, H., Miranda, C., Villarosa, A. and Johnson, M. (2017), 'Knowledge, attitude and practices of dentists towards oral health care during pregnancy : a cross-sectional survey in New South Wales, Australia', Australian Dental Journal, vol 62, no 3 , pp 301 - 310.
- Tooher, J., Thornton, C., Makris, A., Ogle, R., Korda, A. and Hennessy, A. (2017), 'All hypertensive disorders of pregnancy increase the risk of future cardiovascular disease', Hypertension, vol 70, no 4 , pp 798 - 803.
- Tooher, J., Thornton, C., Makris, A., Ogle, R., Korda, A., Horvath, J. and Hennessy, A. (2016), 'Hypertension in pregnancy and long term cardiovascular mortality : a retrospective cohort study', American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol 214, no 6 , pp 7221 - 7226.
- George, A., Dahlen, H., Reath, J., Ajwani, S., Bhole, S., Korda, A., Ng Chok, H., Miranda, C., Villarosa, A. and Johnson, M. (2016), 'What do antenatal care providers understand and do about oral health care during pregnancy : a cross-sectional survey in New South Wales, Australia', BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, vol 16 .
- Korda, A. (2014), 'Where to with treatment of pelvic organ prolapse in 2014?', Medicine Today, vol 15, no 5 , pp 63 - 67.
- Thornton, C., Dahlen, H., Korda, A. and Hennessy, A. (2013), 'The incidence of preeclampsia and eclampsia and associated maternal mortality in Australia from population-linked datasets : 2000-2008', American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol 208, no 6 , pp 4761 - 4765.
- Dietz, H. and Korda, A. (2011), 'Can levator avulsion be corrected surgically?', Neurology and Urodynamics, vol 6, no 30 , pp 877 - 879.
- Koh, C., Deans, R., Korda, A., Young, C. and Solomon, M. (2011), 'Functional Outcome Following Combined Zacharin's Pelvic floor Repair and Rectopexy for Pelvic Prolapse', AustNZ Surg 2011, vol 81, no Sup 1 , pp 23 - 24.
- Dietz, H., Pang, S., Korda, A. and Benness, C. (2005), 'Paravaginal defects: a comparison of clinical examination and 2D/3D ultrasound imaging', Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol 45 , pp 187 - 190.
- Tooher, J., Thornton, C., Horvath, J., Korda, A., Makris, A. and Hennessy, A. (2012), 'Hypertension in pregnancy and long term cardiovascular mortality', A International Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy, Geneva 2012, Geneva.
NHMRC Project – APP 1022905 – The Coming of Age Study $ 448,360.00
Near Miss Funding $ 60,000.00 (Bellberry Incorporated)
2012 Hennessy A, Makris A, Ogle R McLean M Associate investigators (Korda A, Horvath J)
This information has been contributed by Professor Korda.
|Title:||Developing perinatal oral health guidelines for dentists and prenatal care providers in Australia|
|Western Researchers:||Ajesh George, Maree Johnson, Hannah Dahlen, Jennifer Reath and Andrew Korda|
|Years:||2013-02-19 - 2014-07-31|