Ms Lin Brown
Research Program Administrator,
Dean's Unit - School of Education
Lin has primary and preschool teaching qualifications and has taught for twenty-three years in public schools in regional and metropolitan Queensland. Since then she has developed a career in university based research support having managed major projects funded by the ARC (UWS 2006-2010) and the Pharmacy Guild (USyd 2008-2011) as well as smaller projects requiring intensive work to complete on time. With research training at Masters level Lin has been engaged in fieldwork and data collection with children and adults on many projects and has contributed to projects with data analysis and some report writing. Currently the Research Project Officer for the Centre for Educational Research Lin's role includes grant writing support, liaison with the Office of Research Service supporting researchers with compliance in the establishment, maintenance and completion of projects, monitoriong CER web content for researchers' publicaitons and grant success and assisting with literature reviews for grant applications and publications in progress by CER academics.
This information has been contributed by Ms Brown.
- MEd Deakin University
- Grad Dip Ed Studies Armidale CAE
- BEd Darling Downs Institute of Advanced Education QLD
- Dip Teach Central Queensland University
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Dean's Unit - School of Education
|Phone:||(02) 47360 050
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Waller, D., Johnston, C., Molyneaux, L., Brown, L., Hatherly, K., Smith, L. and Overland, J. (2013), 'Glycemic control and blood glucose monitoring over time in a sample of young Australians with type 1 diabetes : the role of personality', Diabetes Care, vol 36, no 10 , pp 2968 - 2973.
- Hatherly, K., Smith, L., Overland, J., Johnston, C., Brown, L., Waller, D. and Taylor, S. (2011), 'Glycemic control and type 1 diabetes : the differential impact of model of care and income', Pediatric Diabetes, vol 12, no 2 , pp 115 - 119.
- Hatherly, K., Smith, L., Overland, J., Johnston, C. and Brown, L. (2011), 'Application of Australian clinical management guidelines: The current state of play in a sample of young people living with Type 1 diabetes in the state of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory', Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, vol 93, no 3 , pp 379 - 384.
- 2015, 'Mapping Students' Everyday Multimodal Language Practices in a High Needs School: Final Project Report', Report
- 2015, 'Love Your Lagoons: Place-based Learning and Environmental Action in South Western Sydney', Report
- 2013, 'Our Place Western Sydney. Stage 2, Community: Project Report, August 2013', Report
- 2013, 'Our Place, Western Sydney, Project Report. Stage 1: Community Environmental & Sustainability Educators', Report
- 2013, 'Student Trajectory Aspiration Research (STAR): A Study of Aspirations, Enablers and Barriers to Further Education in the Blacktown Learning Community', Report