Ms Heidi Bjering
Computing & Ict
Computing & Ict
Heidi Bjering is a lecturer in the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics at the Western Sydney University. Her teaching interests have evolved over the last 13 years, focusing first on computer programming, XML and Web Development, before moving towards Systems Analysis and Design and Health Informatics. She has been strongly involved in developing and delivering the UWS Health Informatics program, an interest that developed during her research Masters degree. Her Masters research dealt with temporal aspects of health data, and more currently she has been involved with terminology and data representation issues in Traditional Chinese Medicine, as well as supporting the analysis and design of a Web System to support PDHPE teachers to develop effective strategies to help motivate and engage students during PE lessons as part of an ARC funded project. In her PhD research she is looking at how information technology can be used to support good health in the elderly, in particular looking at maintaining good nutrition and avoiding under-nutrition. As part of this, her interest is in exploring ways to include older adults in the conception and design of these gerontechnology systems, to ensure the technology products created will fit in with how the users wish to use the technology in their lives.
This information has been contributed by Ms Bjering.
- MSc University of Western Sydney
- BInfoTech University of Western Sydney
- IEEE member (2007 - 2016)
- Health Informatics Society Australia (HISA) (2010 - 2016)
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Computing & Ict
- Computing & Ict
|Phone:||(02) 4620 3162|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Fang, K., Bjering, H. and Ginige, A. (2018), 'Adherence, avatars and where to from here', Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, vol 252 , pp 45 - 50.
- Bjering, H., Stratti, D. and Ginige, J. (2019), 'Design and implementation of a framework for a health information survey system', Australasian Conference on Health Informatics and Knowledge Management, Macquarie University, Sydney, N.S.W..
- Fang, K., Bjering, H. and Maeder, A. (2016), 'An avatar-based reminder application for medication adherence', International Conference on Computer Games, Multimedia and Allied Technologies, Singapore.
- Fang, K., Maeder, A. and Bjering, H. (2016), 'Current trends in electronic medication reminders for self care', Global Telehealth Conference, Auckland, N.Z..
- Bjering, H., Curry, J. and Maeder, A. (2014), 'Gerontechnology : the importance of user participation in ICT development for older adults', Australian National Health Informatics Conference, Melbourne, Vic..
- Bjering, H., Ginige, A., Maeder, A., Bensoussan, A., Zhu, X. and Lattuca, C. (2011), 'Electronic medical record information system for patient consultations in Chinese medicine', Health Informatics: The Transformative Power of Innovation: Selected Papers from the 19th Australian National Health Informatics Conference (HIC 2011), .
- Bjering, H. and Mcgregor, C. (2010), 'A Multidimensional Temporal Abstractive Data Mining Framework', The 4th Australasian Workshop on Health Informatics and Knowledge Management (HIKM 2010), Brisbane, Australia.
- Catley, C., Stratti, H. and Mcgregor, C. (2008), 'Multi-Dimensional Temporal Abstraction and Data Mining of Medical Time Series Data: Trends and Challenges', Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2008, Canada.
- Salter, G. and Stratti, H. (2004), 'Multiple representations of content in web-based learning', IASTED International Conference on Web-Based Education 2004, Innsbruck, Austria.