Ms Francine Feld
School Of Law
Francine Feld’s main expertise is in the law of evidence and criminal procedure. She is also interested in, and has taught, criminal law, legal theory, comparative law and legal ethics (with a particular interest in the ethics of advocacy). For eight years, she served as an academic member of the Professional Conduct Committee of the Bar Association of New South Wales.
Prior to joining the Law School, she held various positions, including as a lecturer (University of Wollongong), a member of the public service (Attorney General’s Department – Local Courts Administration), and as an associate to a judge of the Federal Court of Australia and the then Industrial Relations Court of Australia.
This information has been contributed by Ms Feld.
- LLB University of Sydney
- BA University of Sydney
- Australian Society of Legal Philosophy (2000 - 2016)
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- School Of Law
|Phone:||(02) 4620 3660|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Previous Teaching Areas
- 200015 Criminal Procedure and Evidence, 2016
- Feld, F., Hemming, A. and Anthony, T. (2015), 'Criminal Procedure in Australia', : LexisNexis Butterworths 9780409325751.
- Feld, F., Alexander, T. and Bagaric, M. (2015), 'Uniform Evidence Law: Principles and Practice', : CCH Australia 9781925215915.
- Faris, P., Bagaric, M., Feld, F. and Johnson, B. (2011), 'Uniform Evidence Law: Principles and Practice', : CCH Australia Ltd 9781921873294.
- Hayes, R. and Feld, F. (2007), 'Advocacy Training Kit', : Uws Law Students' Association 9780980333602.
- Feld, F. (2017), 'Choice of Court : summary trial or trial on indictment', Precedent, vol 142 , pp 36 - 41.
- Feld, F. and Hayes, R. (2009), 'Hindering Police, Failing to Stop, and the Act - Omission Distinction', The Flinders Journal of Law Reform, vol 11 , pp 263 - 292.
- Hayes, R. and Feld, F. (2009), 'Is the test for extended common purpose over-extended?', University of New England Law Journal, vol 4, no 2 , pp 17 - 32.
- Bem, D., Feld, F., Huebner, E. and Bem, O. (2008), 'Computer forensics - past, present and future', Journal of Information Science and Technology, vol 5, no 3 , pp 43 - 49.
- Feld, F. (2002), 'Tampa Case: seeking refuge in domestic law', Australian Journal of Human Rights, vol 8, no 1 , pp 157 - 178.
- Feld, F. and Brogan, M. (2004), 'Enquiry-based learning and the marginalisation of theoretical issues in legal education', Learning based on the process of enquiry, Manchester.
- 2007, 'Submission to the Commonwealth Treasury: Review of Sanctions in Corporate Law: Consultation Paper', Research Report