Ms Annette Stunden
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Annette has been employed at WSU since 2004 and has over 7+ years university teaching experience. She has over 15 years experience in critical care nursing and is still clinically current.
She had an active role as a clinical facilitator for WSU for a period of 4 years. Her academic achievements include Foundation of Learning and Teaching, Graduate Certificate in Critical Care Nursing, Masters in Clinical Leadership in Nursing and Masters in Nursing Research.
Annette currently unit coordinates an undergraduate first year clinical unit and is a first year STARS coordinator/advisor. Annette has been involved in the curriculum development of large teaching unit and worked closely with NSW Ministry of Health in embedding essential of care programs into the teaching curriculum.
This information has been contributed by Ms Stunden.
- MNurs-Res University of Western Sydney
- MN(CL) University of Western Sydney
- GCertNurs University of Technology, Sydney
- BN Australian Catholic University
- Reading and writing curriculum and pedagogy.
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
|Phone:||(02) 9685 9812
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Previous Teaching Areas
- 400764 Transition to Graduate Practice, 2014
- 401000 Professional Practice Experience 1, 2011
- 401004 Professional Practice Experience 2, 2012
- 401005 Human Relationships and Life Transitions, 2016
- 401012 Professional Practice Experience 4, 2014
- Pettigrew, J., Stunden, A. and McGlynn, S. (2020), 'Contextualising numeracy skill development and assessment in a first year undergraduate nursing subject : a mixed methods research study', Nurse Education Today, vol 92 .
- O'Reilly, R., Ramjan, L., Fatayer, M., Stunden, A. and Gregory, L. (2020), 'First year undergraduate nursing students' perceptions of the effectiveness of blended learning approaches for nursing numeracy', Nurse Education in Practice, vol 45 .
- Gregory, L., Villarosa, A., Ramjan, L., Hughes, M., O'Reilly, R., Stunden, A., Daly, M., Raymond, D., Fatayer, M. and Salamonson, Y. (2019), 'The influence of mathematics self-efficacy on numeracy performance in first-year nursing students : a quasi-experimental study', Journal of Clinical Nursing, vol 28, no 19-20 , pp 3651 - 3659.
- Jefferies, D., McNally, S., Roberts, K., Wallace, A., Stunden, A., D'Souza, S. and Glew, P. (2018), 'The importance of academic literacy for undergraduate nursing students and its relationship to future professional clinical practice : a systematic review', Nurse Education Today, vol 60 , pp 84 - 91.
- Stunden, A. and Jefferies, D. (2018), 'The effectiveness of short answers test papers in evaluating academic nursing programs : a review of the literature', Nurse Education in Practice, vol 33 , pp 94 - 101.
- Stunden, A., Halcomb, E. and Jefferies, D. (2015), 'Tools to reduce first year nursing students' anxiety levels prior to undergoing objective structured clinical assessment (OSCA) and how this impacts on the student's experience of their first clinical placement', Nurse Education Today, .