Mrs Grace Borsellino
Dean'S Unit - School Of Law
Grace Borsellino is a Lecturer and Course Convenor in Corporate Law and Governance at Western Sydney University, School of Law. Grace has been an invited international speaker to universities in Taiwan and Hong Kong delivering conference speeches in areas of Corporate Law, Corporate Culture and the Regulation of FinTech, the Digital Economy, and Blockchain related Cryptocurrencies. Grace has delivered comparative corporate law classes in Malaysia to one of the university’s law school partners and co-convenes two legal technology units entitled Technology, Innovation and The Law and Designing Law Apps for Access to Justice.
Grace Borsellino, 'Proposed Benefit Corporation Legislation in Australia: Lessons from Italy and the United States' (Speech Delivered at School of Continuing Education, Chinese Culture University, Taiwan, 15 March 2019).
Grace Borsellino, 'The Rise of Social Enterprise and Australia's Regulation of Corporate Culture' (Speech Delivered at 2019 5th Enterprise Innovation and Management Law Conference, Chinese Culture University, Taiwan, 14 March 2019).
Grace Borsellino, 'Regulating in the Evolving FinTech Era: A Delicate Balancing Act' (Speech Delivered at 2018 International Law Conference on Law, Technology and the Imperative of change in the 21st Century, Asia International Arbitration Centre, Malaysia, 4 September 2018).
Grace Borsellino, ‘Regulating in the Digital Economy: FinTech, Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies and Initial Coin Offerings’ (Invited Speech delivered at Legal Problems with the Application of Smart Contracts and the Way Forward Conference, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China, 24 May 2018).
Grace Borsellino, ‘The Regulation of Fintech in Australia’ (Invited Keynote Speech delivered at 2018 FinTech Innovation and Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Trends Symposium, Chinese Culture University, Taipei, Taiwan, 15 March 2018).
Grace Borsellino, 'Teaching Technology in Corporate Law for Engagement' (Speech delivered at 2017 Annual ALTA Conference, University of South Australia, Adelaide, 6 July 2017).
Adams, Michael, Borsellino, Grace and Young, Angus, ‘Australian Prudential Authority: The History, Criticisms and Challenges of a Risk Regulator (2019) Vol 34 (8) Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation 279-86.
Borsellino, Grace, How the open banking API could transform financial services to benefit consumers (9 November 2018) The Conversation https://theconversation.com/how-the-open-banking-api-could-transform-financial-services-to-benefit-consumers-99753.
Adams, Michael, Borsellino, Grace, McCalman James and Young, Angus, 'Australia's Proposed Banking Executive Accountability Regime: Regulatory Panopticon Or Fail-Safe?' (2017) 69 (9) Governance Directions 528, 531.
Adams, Michael, Borsellino, Grace, and Young, Angus; ‘Regulating Conduct of Financial Institutions in Australia: Is Culture the New Frontier of Regulation?’ (2017) volume 32 (no 3 – March) Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation pages 86 - 92.
Adams, Michael, Borsellino, Grace and Young, Angus; "Leading from the top: The missing piece in nurturing good corporate culture?" (2017) 69 (4) Governance Directions 203,206.
This information has been contributed by Mrs Borsellino.
- LLM Western Sydney University
- GradDipLegPract University of Western Sydney
- LLB University of Western Sydney
- Australasian Law Teachers Association (2017 - 2017)
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Culture
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Dean'S Unit - School Of Law
- Equity and Diversity Working Party, School of Law
- Work Plan Committee, School of Law
- Parramatta ECR/MCR Academic Advisory Group
- Master of Laws (International Governance)
- OPSS Working Group Career Opportunity, Recognition and Reward
(02) 9685 9545
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Previous Teaching Areas
- 200183 Law of Business Organisations, 2017
- 200296 Law Economics and Business Ethics, 2016
- 200700 Law Honours Dissertation, 2019
- 200909 Enterprise Law, 2016
- 200909 Enterprise Law, 2018
- 201039 Technology, Innovation and the Law, 2019
- 51227 Company Law (PG), 2016
- F2010 Law of Associations, 2017
- F2010 Law of Associations, 2018
- F2010 Law of Associations, 2019
- Adams, M., Borsellino, G. and Young, A. (2019), 'Australian Prudential Regulation Authority : the history, criticisms and challenges of a risk regulator', Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation, vol 34, no 8 , pp 279 - 286.
- Adams, M., Borsellino, G. and Young, A. (2017), 'Regulating conduct of financial institutions in Australia : is culture the new frontier of regulation?', Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation, vol 32, no 3 , pp 86 - 92.
- Adams, M., Borsellino, G. and Young, A. (2017), 'Leading from the top : the missing piece in nurturing good corporate culture?', Governance Directions, vol 69, no 4 , pp 203 - 206.
- Adams, M., Borsellino, G., McCalman, J. and Young, A. (2017), 'Australia's proposed Banking Executive Accountability Regime : regulatory panopticon or fail-safe?', Governance Directions, vol 69, no 9 , pp 528 - 531.
- Adams, M. and Borsellino, G. (2015), 'Is there a positive link between corporate governance and board diversity? : lessons from Asia', Journal of Law and Governance, vol 10, no 1 , pp 1 - 10.
- Adams, M. and Borsellino, G. (2015), 'The unspoken reality of diversity on boards', Governance Directions, vol 67, no 2 , pp 78 - 81.
This information has been contributed by Mrs Borsellino.
|Description:||Borsellino, Grace (compiled by), Law of Associations: A Custom Publication for Western Sydney University (LexisNexis Butterworths,2019)(+eBook)|
|Description:||Google Scholar Profile|
|Title:||The Conversation Article (2018)|
|Description:||How the open banking API could transform financial services to benefit consumers|