Doctor Yaghoob Foroutan
Dean's Unit School of Social Sciences
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Dean's Unit School of Social Sciences
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Chapters in Books
- Foroutan, Y. (2015), 'Misunderstood population? : methodological debate on demography of Muslims', Yearbook of International Religious Demography 2015, Brill 9789004294318.
- Foroutan, Y. (2013), 'Content analysis of religious education in the Islamic Republic of Iran', Religious Education Politics, the State, and Society, Ergon Verlag 9783899139549.
- Foroutan, Y. (2009), 'Gender and religion : the status of women in the Muslim world', The World's Religion: Continuities and Transformations, Routledge 9780415397254.
- Foroutan, Y. (2019), 'Formation of gender identity in the Islamic republic of Iran : does educational institution matter?', Journal of Beliefs and Values, vol 40, no 1 .
- Foroutan, Y. (2017), 'Muslim minority of New Zealand in global context : demographic perspective', Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs, vol 37, no 4 , pp 511 - 519.
- Foroutan, Y. (2017), 'The construction of religious identity in contemporary Iran : a sociological perspective', Journal of Persianate Studies, vol 10, no 1 , pp 107 - 127.
- Foroutan, Y. (2015), 'Demography of New Zealand's Muslims : patterns and disparities', Waikato Islamic Studies Review, vol 1, no 1 , pp 50 - 64.
- Foroutan, Y. (2015), 'Gender, migration, and religion : MENA Muslim migrants in Australia from a socio-demographic perspective', Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs, vol 35, no 4 , pp 520 - 532.
- Foroutan, Y. (2014), 'The patterns of representation of national identity in Iran's educational system', National Studies, vol 15, no 1 .
- Foroutan, Y. (2014), 'The challenges of contemporary family and modernization : an emphasis on divorce in the process of demographic transition', Social Problems of Iran, vol 4, no 2 , pp 105 - 129.
- Foroutan, Y. (2014), 'Social change and demographic response in Iran (1956-2006)', British Journal of Middle Eastern Studies, vol 41, no 2 , pp 219 - 229.
- Foroutan, Y. (2013), 'Family-work dilemma of female migrants : patterns and strategies', Migration and Development, vol 2, no 2 , pp 173 - 190.
- Foroutan, Y. (2012), 'Gender representation in school textbooks in Iran : the place of languages', Current Sociology, vol 60, no 6 , pp 771 - 787.
- Foroutan, Y. (2011), 'Representation of women's employment in the textbooks of Iranian schools', Women in Development and Politics, vol 9, no 2 , pp 39 - 78.
- Foroutan, Y. (2011), 'Ethnic and religious discrimination? : a multicultural analysis of Muslim minorities in the West', Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs, vol 31, no 3 , pp 327 - 338.
- Foroutan, Y. (2011), 'Multiculturalism and women's employment : a sociological perspective', New Zealand Sociology, vol 26, no 1 , pp 122 - 142.
- Foroutan, Y. (2009), 'Religion, migration and social change : Christian-Muslim differentials', Journal for the Academic Study of Religion, vol 22, no 3 , pp 295 - 321.
- Foroutan, Y. (2009), 'Sociology of religion and gender : a theoretical and empirical study focusing on women's employment', Social Problems of Iran, vol 16, no 63 , pp 107 - 138.
- Foroutan, Y. (2009), 'Migration and gender roles : the typical work pattern of the MENA women', International Migration Review, vol 43, no 4 , pp 974 - 992.
- Foroutan, Y. (2008), 'Gender, religion and work : comparative analysis of South Asian migrants', Fieldwork in Religion, vol 3, no 1 , pp 29 - 50.
- Foroutan, Y. (2008), 'Employment differentials of second-generation Muslim immigrants : assimilation and discrimination hypotheses', Immigrants and Minorities, vol 26, no 3 , pp 219 - 241.
- Foroutan, Y. and Mcdonald, P. (2008), 'Asian migrant women's employment participation : patterns, determinants and differentials', Asian Journal of Women's Studies, vol 14, no 2 , pp 109 - 141.
- Foroutan, Y. (2008), 'Women's employment, religion and multiculturalism : socio-demographic emphasis', Journal of Population Research, vol 25, no 1 , pp 63 - 90.
- Foroutan, Y. (2008), 'Migration differentials in women's market employment : an empirical and multicultural analysis', International Migration Review, vol 42, no 3 , pp 675 - 703.
- Foroutan, Y. (2008), 'South Asian female migrants' work differentials : multicultural assessment', South Asia Research, vol 28, no 2 , pp 203 - 224.
- Foroutan, Y. (2013), 'Cultural values vs. migration politics : socio-demographic analysis', MatchPoints Seminar, Aarhus, Denmark.
- Foroutan, Y. (2011), 'Demographic perspective on women's status and religion : multicultural investigation', Population Association of America. Meeting, Washington, DC..