Doctor Weisheng Si
LECTURER IN NETWORKING & MOBILE COMPUTING,
Computing & ICT
Dr Weisheng Si is currently a lecturer at the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics at the University of Western Sydney. Prior to this appointment in 2012, he was a Postdoctoral Research Engineer at the National ICT Australia. He received his PhD, MS, and BS in Computer Science from the University of Sydney, University of Virginia (USA), and Peking University (China) respectively. His research is mainly focused on wireless networking, software defined networks, data center networks, and cyber security.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Si.
- PhD University of Sydney
- MSc University of Virginia (USA)
- BSc Peking University
- Member of IEEE (2007)
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Computing & ICT
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Previous Teaching Areas
- 300094 Computer Networking Fundamentals, 2013
- 300095 Computer Networks and Internets, 2012
- 300095 Computer Networks and Internets, 2013
- 300166 Systems and Network Management, 2013
- 300166 Systems and Network Management, 2015
- 300565 Computer Networking, 2012
- 300582 Technologies for Web Applications, 2014
- 300582 Technologies for Web Applications, 2015
- 300695 Network Technologies, 2012
- Tian, Y., Si, W. and Han, Y. (2006), 'Principles of Computer Networks', : China Machine Press 7111187768.
- Portocarrero, J., Delicato, F., Pires, P., Costa, B., Li, W., Si, W. and Zomaya, A. (2017), 'RAMSES : a new reference architecture for self-adaptive middleware in Wireless Sensor Networks', Ad Hoc Networks, vol 55 , pp 3 - 27.
- Huque, M., Si, W., Jourjon, G. and Gramoli, V. (2017), 'Large-scale dynamic controller placement', IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, vol 14, no 1 , pp 63 - 76.
- Qiu, T., Luo, D., Xia, F., Deonauth, N., Si, W. and Tolba, A. (2016), 'A greedy model with small world for improving the robustness of heterogenous Internet of Things', Computer Networks, vol 101 , pp 127 - 143.
- Sharma, Y., Javadi, B., Si, W. and Sun, D. (2016), 'Reliability and energy efficiency in cloud computing systems : survey and taxonomy', Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol 74 , pp 66 - 85.
- Ye, K., Wu, Z., Wang, C., Zhou, B., Si, W., Jiang, X. and Zomaya, A. (2015), 'Profiling-based workload consolidation and migration in virtualized data centers', IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol 26, no 3 , pp 878 - 890.
- Si, W., Zomaya, A. and Selvakennedy, S. (2014), 'A geometric deployment and routing scheme for directional wireless mesh networks', IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol 63, no 6 , pp 1323 - 1335.
- Si, W. and Zomaya, A. (2012), 'New memoryless online routing algorithms for delaunay triangulations', IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol 23, no 8 , pp 1520 - 1527.
- Qiu, T., Guo, H., Feng, L., Si, W. and Liu, X. (2012), 'A new analysis model for task buffer of pipeline simulator based on queueing network', Journal of Computer Research and Development, vol 49, no 1 , pp 103 - 110.
- Si, W., Selvakennedy, S. and Zomaya, A. (2010), 'An overview of channel assignment methods for multi-radio multi-channel wireless mesh networks', Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol 70, no 5 , pp 505 - 524.
- Si, W. and Li, C. (2005), 'RMAC: A Reliable MAC Protocol Supporting Multicast for Wireless Ad Hoc Networks', Journal of Computer Science and Technology, , pp 702 - 712.
- Sharma, Y., Javadi, B. and Si, W. (2015), 'On the reliability and energy efficiency in cloud computing', Australasian Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Parramatta, N.S.W..
- Si, W., Tse, Q., Mao, G. and Zomaya, A. (2014), 'How well do Yao graph and Theta graph support Greedy Forwarding?', IEEE Global Communications Conference , Austin, Tex..
- Tse, Q., Si, W. and Taheri, J. (2013), 'Estimating contention of IEEE 802.11 broadcasts based on inter-frame idle slots', IEEE International Workshop on Performance and Management of Wireless and Mobile, Sydney, N.S.W..
- Si, W., Taheri, J. and Zomaya, A. (2012), 'A distributed energy saving approach for ethernet switches in data centers', Conference on Local Computer Networks, USA.
- Si, W., Scholz, B., Gudmundsson, J., Mao, G., Boreli, R. and Zomaya, A. (2012), 'On graphs supporting greedy forwarding for directional wireless networks', IEEE International Conference on Communications, Ottawa, Canada.
- Si, W., Boreli, R., Mahanti, A. and Zomaya, A. (2011), 'Tree-based double-covered broadcast for wireless ad hoc networks', (MobiWac '11) Proceedings of the 9th ACM international symposium on Mobility management and wireless access, USA.
- Si, W. and Zomaya, A. (2010), 'Midpoint Routing Algorithms for Delaunay Triangulations', Proceedings of the 24th IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), USA.
- Si, W. and Selvakennedy, S. (2008), 'A position-based deployment and routing approach for directional wireless mesh networks', Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN), USA.
- Si, W. and Li, M. (2005), 'On the Connectedness of Peer-to-Peer Overlay Networks', Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS), USA.
- Si, W. and Li, C. (2004), 'RMAC: A Reliable Multicast MAC Protocol for Wireless Ad Hoc Networks', Proceedings of the 33rd International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP), USA.
During my research career, I have ever focused on the following areas in computer networking: network security, connectivity of P2P networks, MAC protocols for wireless networks, position-based routing and node deployment algorithms for wireless networks, privacy and trust in online social networks, and energy efficiency in data centre networks. In terms of theories and skills, I have some expertise in graph theory, computational geometry, algorithm complexity, ns-2 simulations, C++ programming, and open source software development . My current research interests lie in:
- Routing and topology control algorithms for wireless networks
- Data centre networks
- Security and trust issues in online social networks
- Software Defined Networking
- Energy efficiency in different types of networks.
Very welcome to discuss with me if you share similar research interests. More info about my research can be found at http://staff.scem.uws.edu.au/~weisheng/.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Si.