Doctor Uldis Ozolins
Dap - Languages, Interpreting & Translation, Tesol,
Languages, Interpreting And Translation (sohca)
- PhD Monash University
- MA University of Melbourne
- BA University of Melbourne
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Languages, Interpreting And Translation (sohca)
- Arts (sohca)
|Phone:||(02) 9772 6830|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Taibi, M. and Ozolins, U. (2016), 'Community Translation', : Bloomsbury Academic 9781474221658.
Chapters in Books
- Ozolins, U. (2015), 'Ethics and the role of the interpreter', The Routledge Handbook of Interpreting, Routledge 9780415811668.
- Ozolins, U. (2013), 'Language problems as constructs of ideology', Encyclopedia of Applied Linguistics, Wiley-Blackwell 9781405194730.
- Ozolins, U. (2013), 'A small national language and its multilingual challenges : the case of Latvian', Survival and Development of Language Communities: Prospects and Challenges, Multilingual Matters 9781847698353.
- Ozolins, U. (2013), 'Role playing "Pumpkin"', Interpreting in a Changing Landscape: Selected Papers from Critical Link 6, John Benjamins 9789027224606.
- Ozolins, U. (2011), 'Language Policy and Smaller National Languages; the Baltic States in the New Millenium', Uniformity and Diversity in Language Policy: Global Perspecti ves, Multilingual Matters 9781847694461.
- Druviete, I. and Ozolins, U. (2016), 'The Latvian referendum on Russian as a second state language, February 2012', Language Problems and Language Planning, vol 40, no 2 , pp 121 - 145.
- Ozolins, U. (2016), 'The myth of the myth of invisibility?', Interpreting, vol 18, no 2 , pp 273 - 284.
- Stern, L., Ozolins, U. and Hale, S. (2015), 'Inefficiencies of court administration despite participants' goodwill ', Journal of Judicial Administration, vol 25 , pp 76 - 95.
- Hale, S. and Ozolins, U. (2014), 'Monolingual short courses for language-specific accreditation : can they work? : a Sydney experience', Interpreter and Translator Trainer, vol 8, no 2 , pp 217 - 239.
- Ozolins, U. (2014), 'Descriptions of interpreting and their ethical consequences', FITISPos International Journal, vol 1, no 1 , pp 23 - 41.
- Ozolins, U. (2014), 'Rewriting the AUSIT Code of Ethics : principles, practice, dispute', Babel, vol 60, no 3 , pp 347 - 370.
- Ozolins, U. (2011), 'Telephone interpreting : understanding practice and identifying research needs', International Journal for Translation and Interpreting Research, vol 3, no 1 , pp 33 - 47.
- Ozolins, U. (2010), 'Factors that determine the provision of Public Service interpreting : comparative perspectives on government motivation and language service implementation', The Journal of Specialised Translation, vol 14 , pp 194 - 215.
- Ozolins, U. (2008), 'Diaspora, Islam, Australia : reflections on Australian Arab case studies', Journal of Australian Studies, vol 32, no 2 , pp 207 - 221.
- Hogan-Brun, G., Ozolins, U., Ramoniene, M. and Rannut, M. (2007), 'Language politics and practices in the Baltic States', Current Issues in Language Planning, vol 8, no 4 , pp 469 - 631.
- Ozolins, U. (2011), 'Introduction. Linking translating and interpreting practice to research, training and professionalisation', Proceedings of the "Synergise!" Biennial National Conference of the Australian Institute of Interpreters and Translators: AUSIT 2010, .
|Title:||Interpreters in court: witness credibility with interpreted testimony [via UNSW]|
|Years:||2011-11-10 - 2015-06-30|
|Western Researchers:||David Tait and Uldis Ozolins|