Doctor Thillagavathy Rajaretnam
School Of Law
Thilla Rajaretnam is a Lecturer at the School of Law and currently coordinates and teaches Commercial Law (PG). Thilla has international teaching experience in Business Law having taught at the University Sains Malaysia and Massey University in New Zealand prior to joining the Western Sydney University.
Prior to commencing her academic career, Thilla worked as a legal practioner in Malaysia after being admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor in the High Court in Malaya, Malaysia in 2000. In 2004, she was admitted as a legal practitioner in the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia.
Thilla is a researcher in information privacy and data security, corporate information governance and corporate governance law and regulation. Thilla has completed a thesis entitled, 'The Regulation of Information Privacy Protection in Electronic Commerce (E-commerce) in Australia'. Her other research interests include human rights law, banking and financial transaction law and regulation.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Rajaretnam.
- PhD University of Western Sydney
- LLB (Hons) University of London
- LLM University of Western Sydney
- Privacy and data security issues and regulation; and corporate governance
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- School Of Law
|Phone:||(02) 9685 9388|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Previous Teaching Areas
- 200432 Commercial Law, 2014
Chapters in Books
- Rajaretnam, T. and Corbett, S. (2014), 'Google AdWords, keywords and trade marks : a comparative study of the law', Information Ethics and Security: Future of International World Time, International Association of IT Lawyers 9788799485444.
- Lau, A., Rajaretnam, T. and Young, A. (2016), 'Mis-selling of financial products in Hong Kong : the problem, limitation and a proposition', Company Lawyer, vol 37, no 4 , pp 104 - 112.
- Rajaretnam, T. and Young, A. (2015), 'In the best interest of clients? : a reappraisal of the recent reforms in the regulations of financial advisors in Australia', International Company and Commercial Law Review, vol 26, no 2 , pp 39 - 50.
- Rajaretnam, T. (2014), 'The implications of cloud computing for information privacy : an Australian perspective', International Journal of Business, Economics and Law (IJBEL), vol 5, no 4 , pp 30 - 41.
- Rajaretnam, T. (2014), 'Data mining and data matching : regulatory and ethical consideration relating to privacy and confidentiality in medical data', Journal of International Commercial Law and Technology, vol 9, no 4 , pp 294 - 310.
- Rajaretnam, T. (2012), 'The right to consent and control personal information processing in cyberspace', International Journal of Cyber-Security and Digital Forensics (IJCSDF), vol 1, no 3 , pp 232 - 240.
- Rajaretnam, T. (2012), 'The problem to consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information in cyberspace', International Journal of Cyber-Security and Digital Forensics (IJCSDF), vol 1, no 3 , pp 241 - 247.