Doctor Sarah Fogarty
School of Medicine
- PhD Victoria University
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- School of Medicine
|Phone:||(02) 4620 3290|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Chapters in Books
- Madden, S., Fogarty, S. and Smith, C. (2014), 'Alternative and complementary therapies in the treatment of eating disorders, addictions and substance use disorders', Eating Disorders, Addictions and Substance Use Disorders: Research, Clinical and Treatment Perspectives, Springer 9783642453779.
- Fogarty, S. and Madden, S. (2014), 'A review of the use of acupuncture in the treatment of Anorexia Nervosa', New Developments in Anorexia Nervosa Research, Nova 9781631175510.
- Fogarty, S., McInerney, C., Stuart, C. and Hay, P. (2019), 'The side effects and mother or child related physical harm from massage during pregnancy and the postpartum period : an observational study', Complementary Therapies in Medicine, vol 42 , pp 89 - 94.
- Ramjan, L., Fogarty, S., Nicholls, D. and Hay, P. (2018), 'Instilling hope for a brighter future : a mixed-method mentoring support program for individuals with and recovered from anorexia nervosa', Journal of Clinical Nursing, vol 27, no 5-6 , pp 845 - 857.
- Fogarty, S. and Ramjan, L. (2018), 'The tipping point of change in Anorexia Nervosa (AN) : qualitative findings from an online study', Women and Health, vol 58, no 9 , pp 1050 - 1061.
- Fogarty, S., Elmir, R., Hay, P. and Schmied, V. (2018), 'The experience of women with an eating disorder in the perinatal period : a meta-ethnographic study', BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, vol 18 .
- Ramjan, L., Hay, P. and Fogarty, S. (2017), 'Benefits of a mentoring support program for individuals with an eating disorder : a proof of concept pilot program', BMC Research Notes, vol 10 .
- Fogarty, S., Ramjan, L. and Hay, P. (2016), 'A systematic review and meta-synthesis of the effects and experience of mentoring in eating disorders and disordered eating', Eating Behaviors, vol 21 , pp 66 - 75.
- Fogarty, S., Smith, C. and Hay, P. (2016), 'The role of complementary and alternative medicine in the treatment of eating disorders : a systematic review', Eating Behaviors, vol 21 , pp 179 - 188.
- Fogarty, S. and Smith, C. (2016), 'Evaluating research information on practitioner websites describing the use of acupuncture as an adjunct to IVF', European Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol 8, no 1 , pp 21 - 27.
- Fogarty, S. and Ramjan, L. (2016), 'Factors impacting treatment and recovery in anorexia nervosa : qualitative findings from an online questionnaire', Journal of Eating Disorders, vol 4 .
- Nicholls, D., Fogarty, S., Hay, P. and Ramjan, L. (2016), 'Participatory action research for women with anorexia nervosa', Nurse Researcher, vol 23, no 5 , pp 26 - 30.
- Fogarty, S. and Ramjan, L. (2015), 'Practice guidelines for acupuncturists using acupuncture as an adjunctive treatment for anorexia nervosa', Complementary Therapies in Medicine, vol 23, no 1 , pp 14 - 22.
- Fogarty, S. (2015), 'Massage treatment and medial tibial stress syndrome : a commentary to provoke thought about the way massage therapy is used in the treatment of MTSS', Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, vol 19, no 3 , pp 447 - 452.
- Fogarty, S., Stojanovska, L., Harris, D., Zaslawski, C., Mathai, M. and McAinch, A. (2015), 'A randomised cross-over pilot study investigating the use of acupuncture to promote weight loss and mental health in overweight and obese individuals participating in a weight loss program', Eating and Weight Disorders, vol 20, no 3 , pp 379 - 387.
- Fogarty, S. and Wardle, J. (2015), 'Integrative medicine case series : a clinician's guide to publication', Advances In Integrative Medicine, vol 2, no 3 , pp 147 - 151.
- Smith, C., Fogarty, S., Touyz, S., Madden, S., Buckett, G. and Hay, P. (2014), 'Acupuncture and acupressure and massage health outcomes for patients with anorexia nervosa : findings from a pilot randomized controlled trial and patient interviews', The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol 20, no 2 , pp 103 - 112.
- Fogarty, S., Waldron, D. and McIntire, N. (2014), 'A case series : how do patients with an eating disorder, seeking acupuncture treatment present (patterns of disharmony), and how are they treated?', Acupuncture and Related Therapies, vol 2, no 4 , pp 59 - 65.
- Fogarty, S., Smith, C., Touyz, S., Madden, S., Buckett, G. and Hay, P. (2013), 'Patients with anorexia nervosa receiving acupuncture or acupressure ; their view of the therapeutic encounter', Complementary Therapies in Medicine, vol 21, no 6 , pp 675 - 681.
- Fogarty, S., Harris, D., Zaslawski, C., McAinch, A. and Stojanovska, L. (2012), 'Development of a Chinese medicine pattern severity index for understanding eating disorders', Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol 18, no 6 , pp 597 - 606.
- Fogarty, S., Harris, D., Zaslawski, C., Mcainsh, A. and Stojanovska, L. (2010), 'Acupuncture as an adjunct therapy in the treatment of eating disorders : a randomised cross-over pilot study', Complementary Therapies in Medicine, vol 18, no 6 , pp 233 - 240.
|Title:||Instilling hope for a brighter future: Mentor-mentee program for young people with anorexia nervosa|
|Western Researchers:||Lucie Ramjan, Sarah Fogarty and Phillipa Hay|
|Years:||2014-06-01 - 2015-12-31|