Doctor Sarah Duffy
Hospitality, Marketing and Sport (SoBus)
- PhD University of New South Wales
- MMktg University of New South Wales
- BBus University of Newcastle (NSW)
- Charles C. Slater Memorial Award for Best Paper 2018-07-02
- Charles C. Slater Memorial Award for Best Paper 2019-06-29
- The George Fisk Award for the Best Conference Paper 2017-07-03
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Hospitality, Marketing and Sport (SoBus)
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Current Teaching Areas
- 200920 Enterprise Internship
- 200737 Marketing Systems
Chapters in Books
- Duffy, S. and Dwyer, L. (2019), 'Tourism in a protected landscape : challenges to sustainable development ', Tourism Policy and Planning Implementation: Issues and Challenges, Routledge 9781138060746.
- Duffy, S., Layton, R. and Dwyer, L. (2018), 'Whale shark tourism at Ningaloo Reef : successes, challenges and what's next?', Coral Reefs: Tourism, Conservation and Management, Routledge 9781138689831.
- Duffy, S. and Layton, R. (2018), 'Whale sharks, Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia', Social Marketing: Rebels with a Cause, Routledge 9781138123823.
- Esch, P., Duffy, S., Teufel, J., Northey, G., Elder, E., Frethey-Bentham, C., Cook, T. and Heller, J. (2019), 'ExerStart : helping seniors be active and independent for less', Journal of Social Marketing, vol 9, no 2 , pp 146 - 160.
- Layton, R. and Duffy, S. (2018), 'Path dependency in marketing systems : where history matters and the future casts a shadow', Journal of Macromarketing, vol 38, no 4 , pp 400 - 414.
- Duffy, S., Northey, G. and van Esch, P. (2017), 'Iceland : how social mechanisms drove the financial collapse and why it's a wicked problem', Journal of Social Marketing, vol 7, no 3 .
- Duffy, S., Layton, R. and Dwyer, L. (2017), 'When the commons call "enough", does marketing have an answer?', Journal of Macromarketing, vol 37, no 3 , pp 268 - 285.
- van Esch, P., Northey, G., Duffy, S., Heller, J. and Striluk, M. (2017), 'The moderating influence of country of origin information seeking on homophily and product satisfaction', Journal of Promotion Management, vol 24, no 3 , pp 1 - 17.
- Ngo, L., Northey, G., Duffy, S., Thao, H. and Tam, L. (2016), 'Perceptions of others, mindfulness, and brand experience in retail service setting', Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, vol 33 , pp 43 - 52.
- Stegemann, N., Duffy, S., Margaritis, C., Rohanek, L. and Webb, K. (2017), 'Enhancing active learning through the use of technology', International Conference on Education, Maui, Hawaii.
- Duffy, S. and Dwyer, L. (2015), 'Power, conflict and sustainability in common pool resource tourist destinations', Annual Conference of the Council for Australasian University Tourism and Hospitality Education, Gold Coast, Qld..
- Duffy, S. and Layton, R. (2015), 'How do marketing systems respond to constraints? : an exploration of sustainability as a barrier to growth within the tourist marketing system of Ningaloo Marine Park, Western Australia', Macromarketing Conference, Toronto, Canada.
- Duffy, S. and Layton, R. (2015), 'The struggle to govern the commons and how marketing can help', Macromarketing Conference, Chicago, Ill..
- Duffy, S. and Dwyer, L. (2014), 'A macromarketing approach to tourism planning in emerging destinations', Annual Conference of the Council for Australasian University Tourism and Hospitality Education, Brisbane, Qld..
- Duffy, S. and Layton, R. (2014), 'Reassembling marketing systems : an application of actor-network theory to an illegal online marketplace', Macromarketing Conference, London.
Sarah's research interests are primarily focused on the ways marketing influences society with a specific focus on sustainability.
Currently Sarah is leading a research project that investigates how fathers are perceived in the workplace. This project has been awarded a grant from the Vice Chancellor’s Gender Equality Fund.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Duffy.
|Title:||Father???s days: increasing the ???daddy quota??? in parental leave makes everyone happier|
|Title:||Trashing the brand: ANZ and CBA could pay a high price for choosing profit over people|