Doctor Kev Dertadian
Lecturer, Criminology Online,
Kev Dertadian, Ph.D. is a social researcher interested in alcohol and other drugs, the sociology of crime and deviance, and social and cultural theory. Kev has conducted several projects on the non-medical use of pharmaceuticals, focusing in particular on young people's use of opioids. He currently teaches the first year unit Crime Deviance and Society (Online) and the third year unit Culture and Crime.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Dertadian.
- PhD University of Western Sydney
- Criminal Justice
- Drugs Use
- Drugs and Addiction
- Qualitaive Research Methods
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Sociology (SSAP)
|Phone:||(02) 9772 6988|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Previous Teaching Areas
- 101562 Culture and Crime, 2017
- 102039 Crime, Deviance and Society, 2017
- Maher, L. and Dertadian, G. (2018), 'Qualitative research', Addiction, vol 113, no 1 , pp 167 - 172.
- Dertadian, G., Iversen, J., Dixon, T., Sotiropoulos, K. and Maher, L. (2017), 'Pharmaceutical opioid use among oral and intravenous users in Australia : a qualitative comparative study', International Journal of Drug Policy, vol 41 , pp 51 - 58.
- Iversen, J., Dertadian, G., Geddes, L. and Maher, L. (2017), 'High risk injecting behaviour among people who inject pharmaceutical opioids in Australia', International Journal of Drug Policy, vol 42 , pp 1 - 6.
- Dertadian, G., Dixon, T., Iversen, J. and Maher, L. (2017), 'Self-limiting non-medical pharmaceutical opioid use among young people in Sydney, Australia : an exploratory study', Drug and Alcohol Review, vol 36, no 5 , pp 643 - 650.
- Dertadian, G. and Maher, L. (2014), 'From oxycodone to heroin : two cases of transitioning opioid use in young Australians', Drug and Alcohol Review, vol 33, no 1 , pp 102 - 104.
- Dertadian, G. (2013), 'Proscribed perception : participant perspectives on legitimacy & criminality in the non-medical use of painkillers', Australian and New Zealand Critical Criminology Conference, University of Tasmania.
- Dertadian, G. (2012), 'Pill Heads : governance, normalization & risk in prescription drug use', Annual Australian and New Zealand Critical Criminology Conference, Cairns Qld..