Doctor Ken Wooden
Academic Course Advisor, Criminology And Policing,
Dean's Unit School Of Social Sciences
Lecturer In Policing,
Policing And Criminal Justice
Ken is a lecturer within the Bachelor of Policing course. He is the Coordinator for Units; Policing Practices and Legislation, Courts and Policing. Prior to his appointment at UWS, Ken worked as a senior lecturer for Charles Sturt University for twelve years and was involved in the delivery of recruit education in collaboration with New South Wales Police. Prior to entering full time academia Ken was an operational police officer performing duties with New South Wales Police. His doctoral area of research dealt with police perceptions of accountability and community policing. His current research interests include; police attitudes and perceptions towards illicit drug use, community policing, ethical orientations of police recruits and customer service factors impacting upon police work attitudes and motivation.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Wooden.
- PhD Griffith University
- GCertUniTeachLearn Charles Sturt University
- MSocSc(Crim) Charles Sturt University
- BPolc Charles Sturt University
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Dean's Unit School Of Social Sciences
- Policing And Criminal Justice
|Phone:||(02) 9772 6647|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Chapters in Books
- Wooden, K. (2017), 'The vulnerability of police in policing the vulnerable community of Macquarie Field', Policing Encounters with Vulnerability, Palgrave 9783319512273.
- Wooden, K. and Nixon, J. (2014), 'The incorporation of obedience to authority into New South Wales police force recruit training', Salus Journal, vol 2, no 1 , pp 43 - 62.
- Wooden, K. and Rogers, C. (2014), 'Restoring public confidence : perceptions of community police officers', Police Journal, vol 87, no 3 , pp 186 - 194.
- Nixon, J., Wooden, K. and Corbo Crehan, A. (2012), 'Policing students' understanding of obedience to authority', Policing, vol 6, no 4 , pp 335 - 343.