Doctor Jennifer Cheng
Lecturer In Sociology,
- PhD Macquarie University
- MA University of Technology, Sydney
- BA(CommsIntS) University of Technology, Sydney
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
|Phone:||(02) 9772 6131|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Cheng, J. (2017), 'Anti-racist Discourse on Muslims in the Australian Parliament', : John Benjamins 9789027206633.
Chapters in Books
- Cheng, J. (2009), 'Promoting "national values" in citizenship tests in Germany and Australia : a response to the current discourse on Muslims?', Citizenship Policies in the Age of Diversity: Europe at the Crossroads, Universitat Pompeu Fabra .
- Cheng, J. (2019), 'Religiosity, integration and sport : Muslim women playing Australian Rules football', Journal of Australian Studies, vol 43, no 1 , pp 55 - 70.
- Possamai, A., Cheng, J., Lathion, S. and Voyce, M. (2017), 'Representations of Sharia in three global cities : Sydney, New York and Geneva 2008-2013', Islam and Christian-Muslim Relations, vol 28, no 1 , pp 1 - 17.
- Possamai, A., Turner, B., Cheng, J., Voyce, M. and Dagistanli, S. (2016), 'Shari'a and everyday life in Sydney', Australian Geographer, vol 47, no 3 , pp 341 - 354.
- Cheng, J. (2015), 'Islamophobia, Muslimophobia or racism? : parliamentary discourses on Islam and Muslims in debates on the minaret ban in Switzerland', Discourse and Society, vol 26, no 5 , pp 562 - 586.
- Cheng, J. (2013), 'Exclusive and inclusive constructions of "Australia" in the Australian parliament', Critical Approaches to Discourse Analysis Across Disciplines, vol 7, no 1 , pp 51 - 65.
- Cheng, J. (2013), 'Talking about 'Australian values' in the Australian parliament : how politicians contest culturalist racism', Critical Race and Whiteness Studies, vol 9, no 2 .
- Boell, S., Campbell, J., Cecez-Kecmanovic, D. and Cheng, J. (2013), 'Advantages, challenges and contradictions of the transformative nature of telework : a review of the literature', Americas Conference on Information Systems, Chicago, Ill..
|Title:||What Next for Diversity?|
|Western Researchers:||Kevin Dunn, Alanna Kamp, Rachel Sharples, Nida Denson, Linda Briskman, Sonia Tascon, Jennifer Cheng and Thierno Diallo|
|Years:||2019-07-29 - 2020-12-14|
|Title:||Muslim Women's Participation in the Auburn Giants AFL Team|
|Western Researchers:||Jennifer Cheng|
|Years:||2016-07-13 - 2017-12-12|