Doctor Hugh Pattinson
Hospitality, Marketing and Sport (SoBus)
Hugh Pattinson joined the School of Marketing at the University of Western Sydney as a Senior Lecturer in June 2010, after spending 15 years at the University of Technology, Sydney developing and delivering curriculum at undergraduate, postgraduate, executive and offshore levels in E-Business, E-Marketing, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, and International Marketing. Hugh?s research focus is on Applying storytelling and Decision Systems Analysis to new Internet-based software application development and delivery; Scenario Planning and its application in marketing and emerging technologies (including an ARC Industry Linkage Grant into the Future of Television in Australia); negotiation research from a complex systems perspective, and new methodologies for analysis and visualisation of unstructured information. Prior to joining UTS, Hugh spent over 12 years in various marketing roles within the information technology industry including Channels Marketing Manager, Competitive Intelligence Manager, Marketing Business Analyst and Market Research Consultant.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Pattinson.
- PhD University of Technology, Sydney
- MCom University of New South Wales
- BCom(Marketing) University of New South Wales
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Hospitality, Marketing and Sport (SoBus)
|Phone:||(02) 9685 9826|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Pattinson, H. and Woodside, A. (2007), 'Innovation and Diffusion of Software Technology: Mapping Strategies', : Elsevier 9780080453262.
Chapters in Books
- Pattinson, H. (2014), 'e-novation : a platform for innovation in the digital economy', Handbook of Strategic e-Business Management, Springer 9783642397462.
- Sood, S. and Pattinson, H. (2014), 'New B2B methods, techniques and technologies for capturing insights of major account managers : developing B2B communities for energy supply', Field Guide to Case Study Research in Business-to-Business Marketing and Purchasing, Emerald 9781784410803.
- Woodside, A., Pattinson, H. and Marshall, R. (2014), 'The argument for case study research', Field Guide to Case Study Research in Business-to-Business Marketing and Purchasing, Emerald 9781784410803.
- Woodside, A., Pattinson, H. and Montgomery, D. (2012), 'Implemented strategies in business-to-business contexts', Business-to-Business Marketing Management : Strategies, Cases, and Solutions, Emerald 9781780525761.
- Low, D. and Pattinson, H. (2011), 'Defining E-Novation', E-Novation for Competitive Advantage in Collaborative Globalization: Technologies for Emerging E-Business Strategies, IGI Global 9781605663944.
- Sood, S. and Pattinson, H. (2011), 'Patterns of Negotiation: A new way of looking at marketplace B2B Negotiations', Unifying Themes in Complex Systems, Springer 9783642176340.
- Pattinson, H. (2016), 'Flat World Navigation: Collaboration and Networking in the Global Digital Economy', Journal of Business-to-Business Marketing, vol 23 , pp 253 - 255.
- Pattinson, H. (2015), 'Book essay on "leadership & cultural webs in organizations : Weaver's tales"', Journal of Business Research, vol 68, no 12 , pp 2628 - 2633.
- Sood, S. and Pattinson, H. (2012), '21st century applicability of the interaction model : does pervasiveness of social media in B2B marketing increase business dependency on the interaction model?', Journal of Customer Behavior, vol 11, no 2 , pp 117 - 128.
- Goldsmith, B., Pattinson, H., Gibson, R., James, A., Chandler, A. and Bell, P. (2010), 'Outside the box : Australian television 2018', Media Education Research Journal, vol 1, no 1 , pp 75 - 78.
- Freeman, O. and Pattinson, H. (2010), 'Exploring client scenarios associated with scenario planning', Futures, vol 42, no 4 , pp 304 - 312.
- Pattinson, H. and Sood, S. (2010), 'Marketers Expressing the Future: Scenario Planning for Marketing Action', Futures, vol 42, no 4 , pp 417 - 426.
- Pattinson, H. and Woodside, A. (2009), 'Capturing and (re)interpreting complexity in multi-firm disruptive product innovations', Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, vol 24, no 1 , pp 61 - 76.
- Pattinson, H. and Woodside, A. (2007), 'Mapping Strategic Thought and Action in Developing Disruptive Software Technology: Advanced Case Study Research on How the Firm Crafts Shared Vision', Innovative Marketing, vol 3, no 4 .
- Sood, S. and Pattinson, H. (2006), 'Urban renewal in Asia-Pacific: A Comparative Analysis of Brainports for Sydney and Kuala Lumpur', Journal of Business Research, vol 59, no 6 , pp 701 - 708.
- Woodside, A., Pattinson, H. and Miller, K. (2005), 'Advancing hermeneutic research for interpreting interfirm new product development', Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, vol 20, no 7 , pp 364 - 379.
- Pattinson, H. (2011), 'The E-Novation Project: From Web 2.0 to Social Media Marketing', Australia New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference 2011, Perth.
- Sood, S. and Pattinson, H. (2010), 'After The Perfect Storm: B2B Sales and Consulting Representations In Service-Dominant Markets', IMP 2010, Budapest.
- Pattinson, H. (2010), 'The E-Novation Project: E-Marketing 2.0 and Beyond', Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy (ANZMAC) Conference 2010, Christchurch.
- Pattinson, H. and Low, D. (2008), 'E-novation : an offbeat view of innovation, e-marketing and a new collaborative information platform', Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference, Sydney.
- Pattinson, H. and Sood, S. (2007), 'Marketers Inventing the Future: Scenario Planning for Marketing', 3rd Strathclyde International Foresight Conference, Glasgow.
- Freeman, O. and Pattinson, H. (2007), 'Scenarios for the Client in Scenario Planning', 3rd Strathclyde International Foresight Conference, Glasgow.
- Pattinson, H. and Woodside, A. (2007), 'Mapping Strategic Thought and Action in Developing Disruptive Software Technology: Advanced Case Study Research on How the Firm Crafts Shared Vision', IMP 2007, Manchester.
- Low, D. and Pattinson, H. (2006), 'Exploring Marketing and E-Readiness through Digital Country Studies', Australian & New Zealand Marketing Academy (ANZMAC) Conference 2006, Brisbane, Australia.
- Sood, S. and Pattinson, H. (2006), 'The Open Source Marketing Experiment: Using Wikis to Revolutionize Marketing Practice on the Web', Opening the Network: New Perspectives in Industrial Marketing and Purchasing (IMP 2006), Milan.
- Pattinson, H. (2005), 'Mapping Marketing Decision Space: an Exploration of Emerging Cognitive Mapping Tools for Analysis of Marketing Scenarios and Decision-Making', ANZMAC 2005 Conference 'Broadening the Boundaries', Perth.
- Pattinson, H. and Sood, S. (2005), 'Deciphering Storylines in B2B Selling-Buying Interactions', Advances In Marketing: Managerial, Pedagogical, Theoretical - Proceedings Of The Annual Meeting Of The Society For Marketing Advances, Texas.
- Pattinson, H. (2003), ''Click Here For Your Recommendations': an Exploration of Online Personalization Applications: an Initial Report', Marketing Across Borders and Boundaries: Understanding Cross-Functional and Inter-Disciplinary Interfaces within an Increasingly Global Environment, World Marketing Congress Academy of Marketing Science, Perth.
- Pattinson, H., Woodside, A. and Miller, K. (2002), 'Combining Decision Systems Analysis And Cause Mapping Of Strategic Thought For Making Sense Of B2B Strategies', Building The Business Case Marketing, Proceedings of the Eighth Annual Academic Workshop, Atlanta.
|Title:||Stimulating Innovation and Competitiveness of Penrith Regional City SMEs|
|Western Researchers:||Athula Ginige, Oscar Hauptman, Hugh Pattinson, Ana Hol and Omar Mubin|
|Years:||2014-09-29 - 2017-10-12|
Doctor Pattinson is available to be a principal supervisor for doctoral projects
|Thesis Title:||Comparison of Methods used to Treat Nanowaste from Research and Manufacturing Facilities|
|Field of Research:|
|Thesis Title:||Consumer Behaviour in Marketing Communication: Exploring Convergence Culture and the Effects of New Media Technologies on Companies|
|Field of Research:|