Doctor Helen Koukoutsis
Helen Koukoutsis is an Associate Lecturer in Literary Studies in the School of Humanities and Communication Arts and a member of the Writing and Society Research Centre. She was awarded a PhD from Macquarie University and a commendation from the Vice Chancellor for a thesis of exceptional merit. She specialises in nineteenth-century American literature, especially Emily Dickinson and her cultural milieu. Helen's current research project on Dickinson and nineteenth-century Buddhism has been recently funded by a Researcher Development grant at WSU.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Koukoutsis.
- PhD Macquarie University
- The Emily Dickinson International Society (2016)
- Writing and Society Research Centre (2015)
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Arts (sohca)
|Phone:||(02) 9772 6304|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Previous Teaching Areas
- 100641 Approaches to Text, 2015
- 100846 Analytical Reading and Writing, 2013
- 100968 Texts and Traditions, 2012
- 100968 Texts and Traditions, 2014
- 101265 Children's Culture, 2012
- 101626 Children's Literature: Image and Text, 2013
- 101907 Introduction to Literary Studies, 2015
- Koukoutsis, H. (2018), '"We - Bee and I - live by the quaffing -" : seduction and volitional freedom in Emily Dickinson's alcohol poems', Emily Dickinson Journal, vol 27, no 1 , pp 74 - 93.
- Koukoutsis, H. (2011), 'Emily Dickinson's encounter with Victorian-American Buddhism', The Researcher: An Interdisciplinary Journal, vol 24, no 2 , pp 1 - 30.
- 2017, 'Cicada Chimes', Published Work
- 2016, 'Dad', Published Work
- 2016, 'Sophia', Published Work
- 2014, 'Sunday Service at St Sophia's, Bourke Street Surry Hills'', Published Work
- 2014, 'Waiting for the 412', Published Work
- 2013, 'Stopping at Rookwood: Orthodox Plot 223; At the Station; First Quarrel; Rainbow Lorikeet Bathing; Noisy Miners Count the Seconds', Published Work
- 2012, 'Death of the Happy Man; Easter Poem; Autumn Evening, the Last for the Year', Published Work
- 2012, ''Paris - 2010' and At 'Serres train station'', Published Work
- 2012, '3am', Published Work
- 2011, 'Teaching Mahmoud Darwish's Memory for Forgetfulness', Published Work
- 2011, ''Death Wrenches, Slyly' and 'Lampropholis Delicata'', Published Work
- 2011, 'November Twilight - 2009', Published Work