Doctor David Lim
DAP - Postgraduate Health Sciences,
Postgraduate Health Science
Senior Lecturer in Health Services Management,
Postgraduate Health Science
Dr Lim is the Director of Academic Program for postgraduate health sciences (public health, health service management, aged care management, occupational health and safety, and digital health). He spent twelve years in rural Western Australia influencing primary health reform and improving patient care prior to joining academia in 2013. Dr Lim has a track record of planning for responsive primary healthcare services informed by the World Health Organization's Shanghai Declaration (2016), underpinned by equity and collaborative partnership. Dr Lim utilizes quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods, health economic and legal research methodologies in his program and health policy evaluation. His research and other work largely revolved around caring for marginalized, vulnerable, and disadvantaged populations.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Lim.
- PhD Curtin University of Technology
- Public Health Association of Australia (2010 - 2018)
- Australasian Epidemiological Association (2015 - 2017)
- Australian Association for Academic Primary Care (2011 - 2020)
- Australasian College of Health Service Managers (2011)
- Sydney Health Partners Implementation Science (2021)
- International Foundation for Integrated Care (2020)
- Institute of Community Directors Australia (2018)
- International Implementation Research Network in Primary Care (2014 - 2019)
- Primary Health Care Research, Evaluation and Development (2008 - 2017)
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, National Rural Faculty (2009)
- Australian and New Zealand Association for Health Professional Educators (2020)
- Global Burden of Disease Collaborator Network, Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation (2021)
- Council of Academic Public Health Institutions Australasia, Education Quality and Standards (2021)
- Society for Health Administration Programs in Education (2020)
- WA Department of Health, Primary Health Care Network (2012 - 2015)
- WA Department of Health, Chronic Conditions Network (2012 - 2015)
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Postgraduate Health Science
- Postgraduate Health Science
- School of Health Sciences Equity and Diversity Working Party
- School of Health Sciences Academic Committee
- University Athena SWAN/ Science in Australia Gender Equity self-assessment team
|Phone:||(02) 4620 3537|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Current Teaching Areas
- 401388 Health Administration and Management
Previous Teaching Areas
- 400277 Health Services Management, 2020
- 401372 The Social Determinants of Health, 2020
- Pho, N., Tan, A., Chaudhary, K., Hines, S., Ellison, C., Isaac, V. and Lim, D. (2021), 'Health and support service needs of individuals with disability from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds : a scoping review protocol', Systematic Reviews, vol 10, no 1 .
- Kerr, L., Kealy, B., Lim, D. and Walters, L. (2021), 'Rural emergency departments : a systematic review to develop a resource typology relevant to developed countries', Australian Journal of Rural Health, vol 29, no 1 , pp 7 - 20.
- Millerick, J., Barton, E., Quinn, D., Hines, S. and Lim, D. (2021), 'Factors that sustain Indigenous youth mentoring programs : a qualitative systematic review protocol', JBI Evidence Synthesis, vol 19, no 6 , pp 1472 - 1480.
- Okantey, G., Adomako, E., Baffour, F. and Lim, D. (2021), 'Sociocultural implications of infertility and challenges in accessing assisted reproductive technology : experiences of couples from two health facilities in Southern Ghana', Marriage and Family Review, vol 57, no 5 , pp 375 - 396.
- Wilson, K., FitzGerald, G. and Lim, D. (2021), 'Disaster management in rural and remote primary health care : a scoping review', Prehospital and Disaster Medicine, vol 36, no 3 , pp 362 - 369.
- Liu, G., Lim, D., Cai, Z., Ding, W., Tian, Z., Dong, C., Zhang, F., Guo, G., Wang, X., Zhou, P. and Feng, Z. (2021), 'The valproate mediates radio-bidirectional regulation through RFWD3-dependent ubiquitination on Rad51', Frontiers in Oncology, vol 11 .
- Mangiameli, J., Hamiduzzaman, M., Lim, D., Pickles, D. and Isaac, V. (2021), 'Rural disability workforce perspective on effective interdisciplinary training : a qualitative pilot study', Australian Journal of Rural Health, vol 29, no 2 , pp 137 - 145.
- Cai, Z., Lim, D., Liu, G., Chen, C., Jin, L., Duan, W., Ding, C., Sun, Q., Peng, J., Dong, C., Zhang, F. and Feng, Z. (2021), 'Valproic acid-like compounds enhance and prolong the radiotherapy effect on breast cancer by activating and maintaining anti-tumor immune function', Frontiers in Immunology, vol 12 .
- Jin, L., Duan, W., Cai, Z., Lim, D. and Feng, Z. (2021), '[In Press] Valproic acid triggers radiation-induced abscopal effect by modulating the unirradiated tumor immune microenvironment in a rat model of breast cancer', Journal of Radiation Research, .
- Su, B., Lim, D., Tian, Z., Liu, G., Ding, C., Cai, Z., Chen, C., Zhang, F. and Feng, Z. (2021), 'Valproic acid regulates HR and cell cycle through MUS81-pRPA2 pathway in response to hydroxyurea', Frontiers in Oncology, vol 11 .
- Arnold, A., Fleet, R. and Lim, D. (2021), 'A case for mandatory ultrasound training for rural general practitioners : a commentary', Rural and Remote Health, vol 21, no 3 .
- Micheal, S., Ogbeide, A., Arora, A., Alford, S., Firdaus, R., Lim, D. and Dune, T. (2021), 'Exploring tertiary health science student willingness or resistance to cultural competency and safety pedagogy', International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, vol 18, no 17 .
- Saira, A., Wilson, L., Ezeh, K., Lim, D., Osuagwu, U. and Agho, K. (2021), 'Factors associated with non-utilization of postnatal care among newborns in the first 2 days after birth in Pakistan : a nationwide cross-sectional study', Global Health Action, vol 14, no 1 .
- Wilson, K. and Lim, D. (2020), 'Disaster management in rural and remote primary healthcare settings : a scoping review protocol', JBI Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports, vol 18, no 1 , pp 81 - 86.
- Toloo, G., Bahl, N., Lim, D., Fitzgerald, G., Wraith, D., Chu, K., Kinnear, F., Aitken, P. and Morel, D. (2020), 'General practitioner-type patients in emergency departments in metro North Brisbane, Queensland : a multisite study', Emergency Medicine Australasia, vol 32, no 3 , pp 481 - 488.
- Ding, W., Lim, D., Wang, Z., Cai, Z., Liu, G. and Zhang, F. (2020), '2-hexyl-4-pentynoic acid, a potential therapeutic for breast carcinoma by influencing RPA2 hyperphosphorylation-mediated DNA repair', DNA Repair, vol 95 .
- Peng, J., Cai, Z., Zhao, R., Chen, J., Liu, G., Dong, C., Lim, D. and Feng, Z. (2020), 'The intervention of valproic acid on the tumorigenesis induced by an environmental carcinogen of PAHs', Toxicology Research, vol 9, no 5 , pp 609 - 621.
- Ramis, M., Chang, A., Conway, A., Lim, D., Munday, J. and Nissen, L. (2019), 'Theory-based strategies for teaching evidence-based practice to undergraduate health students : a systematic review', BMC Medical Education, vol 19, no 1 .
- Lim, D., Schoo, A., Lawn, S. and Litt, J. (2019), 'Embedding and sustaining motivational interviewing in clinical environments : a concurrent iterative mixed methods study', BMC Medical Education, vol 19, no 164 .
- McMaster, M., Fielding, E., Lim, D., Moyle, W. and Beattie, E. (2018), 'A cross-sectional examination of the prevalence of psychotropic medications for people living with dementia in Australian long-term care facilities : issues of concern', International Psychogeriatrics, vol 30, no 7 , pp 1019 - 1026.
- Driel, M., Lim, D. and Clark, P. (2017), 'Hepatitis C in Australia : a role for general practitioners?', Medical Journal of Australia, vol 207, no 2 , pp 53 - 531.
- Stauton-Smith, T. and Lim, D. (2017), 'Australian university general practices : potential to reach out to vulnerable young people', Australasian Medical Journal, vol 10, no 3 , pp 247 - 248.
- Wang, H., Chen, Q., Liu, G., Tian, Y., Zhang, F., Qu, J., Lim, D. and Feng, Z. (2017), 'The comparison of health status between male and female medical radiation workers in China', Radiation Protection Dosimetry, vol 175, no 4 , pp 508 - 516.
- Liu, G., Wang, H., Zhang, F., Tian, Y., Tian, Z., Cai, Z., Lim, D. and Feng, Z. (2017), 'The effect of VPA on increasing radiosensitivity in osteosarcoma cells and primary-culture cells from chemical carcinogen-induced breast cancer in rats', International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol 18, no 5 .
- Pourmarzi, D., Hall, L., Rahman, T., Lim, D. and FitzGerald, G. (2017), 'Clinical effectiveness, cost-effectiveness and acceptability of community-based management of chronic hepatitis C : a mixed methods systematic review protocol', JBI Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports, vol 15, no 4 , pp 914 - 931.
- Lim, D., Grant-Wakefield, C. and Tippett, V. (2014), 'Engaging paramedic students in research : a case report', Australasian Journal of Paramedicine, vol 11, no 4 .
- Lim, D. (2014), 'Is Australia positioned to take advantage of biosimilars?', Generics and Biosimilars Initiative Journal, vol 3, no 4 , pp 184 - 187.
- Sommer, J., Macdonald, W., Bulsara, C. and Lim, D. (2012), 'Grunt language versus accent : the perceived communication barriers between international medical graduates and patients in Central Wheatbelt catchments', Australian Journal of Primary Health, vol 18, no 3 , pp 197 - 203.
- Lim, D., Emery, J., Lewis, J. and Sunderland, B. (2011), 'Australian dispensing doctors' prescribing : quantitative and qualitative analysis', Medical Journal of Australia, vol 195, no 4 , pp 172 - 175.
- Lim, D., Bartlett, S., Horrocks, P., Grant-Wakefield, C., Kelly, J. and Tippett, V. (2011), 'Enhancing paramedics procedural skills using a cadaveric model', BMC Medical Education, vol 14, no 1 .
- Lim, D., Schoo, A., Lawn, S. and Litt, J. (2019), 'A system approach to embed best practice motivational interviewing in health care : a wicked problem?', Asia Pacific Medical Education Conference, Singapore.
- Gordon, S., Baker, N., Lind, C., Hall, K. and Lim, D. (2018), 'Future agenda for Interprofessional Learning : individual and health system sustainability : lessons learnt from Inspiring Health TM', Australian and New Zealand Association for Health Professional Educators. Conference, Hobart, Tas..
- Schoo, A., Lawn, S., Lim, D. and Litt, J. (2018), 'How can clinical educators use a system approach to embed best practice motivational interviewing to enhance sustainable health behaviour change?', Australian and New Zealand Association for Health Professional Educators. Conference, Hobart, Tas..
- 2020, 'Effectiveness of General Practice Availability in Reducing Avoidable Utilisation of Emergency Departments: A Rapid Review of the Literature', Report
- 2011, 'National Prison Entrants' Bloodborne Virus & Risk Behaviour Survey 2004, 2007, and 2010', Report