Doctor Cathy Kaplun
Office of the DVC & VP, Research, Enterprise & Int
- PhD Charles Sturt University
- Ingham Institute fro Applied Medical Research (2007)
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Office of the DVC & VP, Research, Enterprise & Int
|Phone:||(02) 4620 3955|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Chapters in Books
- Kaplun, C., Grace, R., Knight, J., Anderson, J., West, N., Mack, H., Comino, E. and Kemp, L. (2017), '"Everybody has got their own story" : urban Aboriginal families and the transition to school', Families and Transition to School, Springer 9783319583273.
- McDonald, A., Goff, W., Hopps, K., Kaplun, C. and Rogers, S. (2014), 'Starting school : synthesis and analysis', Transitions to School: International Research, Policy and Practice, Springer 9789400773493.
- Fuller, A., Kaplun, C. and Short, A. (2021), '[In Press] The application of the Music Therapy Visual Schedule Approach (MT-ViSA) within a group music therapy program', Nordic Journal of Music Therapy, .
- Baker, J., Raman, S., Kohlhoff, J., George, A., Kaplun, C., Dadich, A., Best, C., Arora, A., Zwi, K., Schmied, V. and Eapen, V. (2019), 'Optimising refugee children's health/wellbeing in preparation for primary and secondary school : a qualitative inquiry', BMC Public Health, vol 19, no 1 .
- Kaplun, C. (2019), 'Children's drawings speak a thousand words in their transition to school', Australasian Journal of Early Childhood, vol 44, no 4 , pp 392 - 407.
- Kaplun, C., Dockett, S. and Perry, B. (2017), 'The Starting School study : mothers' perspectives of transition to school', Australasian Journal of Early Childhood, vol 42, no 4 , pp 56 - 66.
- Kaplun, C., Knight, J., Grace, R., Dockett, S., Perry, B., Comino, E., Jackson Pulver, L. and Kemp, L. (2016), 'Gudaga Goes to School Study : methods used in understanding school transitions and early education experiences of an urban Aboriginal cohort', Educational Studies, vol 42, no 1 , pp 54 - 71.
|Title:||Caring for carers: How to support decision-making at seminal moments [Catharine Fleming]|
|Western Researchers:||Ann Dadich, Catharine Fleming, Premaratne Samaranayake, Hilal Hurriyet and Cathy Kaplun|
|Years:||2020-06-01 - 2021-06-30|
|Title:||"I've got your back": How can coaches support children participating in sport after traumatic experiences|
|Western Researchers:||Cathy Kaplun, Ann Dadich and Stacy Blythe|
|Years:||2021-03-15 - 2021-03-21|
|Title:||Sustained Health Home Visiting for Families with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds with low English Proficiency (LEP): determining the efficacy of program delivery using interpreters or in-language community support|
|Western Researchers:||Lynn Kemp and Cathy Kaplun|
|Years:||2017-07-26 - 2018-07-31|