Doctor Carol Russell
Senior Lecturer in Higher Education,
Senior Lecturer, Learning Transformations,
- PhD University of Leicester
- MBA The Open University
- BSc University of Strathclyde (UK)
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Learning Transformations
- Learning Transformations
|Phone:||(02) 9852 5173|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Chapters in Books
- Russell, C. (2017), 'Growing a mobile learning ecology : a systemic university-wide strategy', Mobile Learning in Higher Education in the Asia Pacific Region: Harnessing Trends and Challenging Orthodoxies, Springer 9789811049439.
- Russell, C. (2012), 'Conceptual mapping, visualisation, and systems thinking in engineering', New Media Communication Skills for Engineers and IT Professionals: Trans-National and Trans-Cultural Demands, Information Science Reference 9781466602434.
- Russell, C. (2012), 'Games, simulations and role plays for developing systems thinking', Simulations, Games and Role Play in University Education, Libri Publishing 9781907471674.
- Russell, C., Malfroy, J., Gosper, M. and McKenzie, J. (2014), 'Using research to inform learning technology practice and policy : a qualitative analysis of student perspectives', Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, vol 30, no 1 , pp 1 - 15.
- Khawaja, M., Prusty, G., Ford, R., Marcus, N. and Russell, C. (2013), 'Can more become less? Effects of an intensive assessment environment on students' learning performance', European Journal of Engineering Education, vol 38, no 6 , pp 631 - 651.
- Quinnell, R., Russell, C., Thompson, R., Marshall, N. and Cowley, J. (2010), 'Evidence-based narratives to reconcile teaching practices in academic disciplines with the scholarship of teaching and learning', Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, vol 10, no 3 , pp 20 - 30.
- Russell, C. and Shepherd, J. (2010), 'Online role-play environments for higher education', British Journal of Educational Technology, vol 41, no 6 , pp 992 - 1002.
- Shrestha, S., Wang, H. and Russell, C. (2016), 'Student response to a technology enhanced learning space', Australasian Association for Engineering Education. Conference, Coffs Harbour, N.S.W..
- Russell, C. (2016), 'Contextualizing institutional strategies for technology enhanced learning', Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education. Conference, Adelaide, S.A..
- Russell, C. (2015), 'Learning to swim in an ocean of student data', Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education. Conference, Perth, W.A..
- Russell, C. (2014), 'Herding cats and measuring elephants : implementing and evaluating an institutional blended and mobile learning strategy', Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education. Conference, Dunedin, N.Z..
- Russell, C. and Qi, J. (2013), 'Evaluating an institutional blended & mobile learning strategy', Australian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education. Conference, Sydney, N.S.W..
- Russell, C. (2012), 'Naming and measuring the elephants : sustainable change for blended learning', Australian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education. Conference, Wellington, N.Z..
- Prusty, G., Russell, C., Ford, R., Ben-Naim, D., Ho, S., Vrcelji, Z., Marcus, N., McCarthy, T., Goldfinch, T., Ojeda, R., Gardner, A., Maolyneaux, T. and Hadgraft, R. (2011), 'Adaptive tutorials to target threshold concepts in mechanics : a community of practice approach', Australasian Association for Engineering Education. Conference , Fremantle, W.A..
- 2014, 'Benchmarks for Technology Enhanced Learning', Research Report
- 2014, 'Student Focus Groups and Interviews: Thematic Analysis', Research Report