Professor Susan Page
Director of Indigenous Learning and Teaching,
DVC's Unit, Indigenous Leadership
Professor Susan Page is an Aboriginal Australian academic whose research focuses on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ experience of learning and academic work in higher education and student learning in Indigenous Studies. Susan has held a number of leadership positions including Associate Dean (Indigenous Leadership and Engagement) and Director of the Centre for the Advancement of Indigenous Knowledges in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Technology Sydney, Head of the Department of Indigenous Studies at Macquarie University and she has lead a university-wide Indigenous graduate attribute project at UTS. Susan’s current role is Director of Indigenous Learning and Teaching at Western Sydney University. Susan has collaborated on a number of competitive research grants, has received a national award for Excellence in Teaching (Neville Bonner Award) and is well published in the area of Indigenous Higher Education. From 2015-2018 Susan was an elected Director of the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Higher Education Consortium and she is currently an appointed Indigenous representative for the Universities Australia Deputy Vice Chancellor Academic committee. Susan recently co-edited a special edition of the journal Higher Education Research and Development, ?? tatou reo, Na domoda, Kuruwilang birad : Indigenous voices in higher education. In 2020 Susan worked with an amazing multidisciplinary team to develop her first micro-credential, Supervising Indigenous Higher Degree Research.
This information has been contributed by Professor Page.
- MEd University of New South Wales
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- DVC's Unit, Indigenous Leadership
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Chapters in Books
- Page, S., Holt, L. and Thorpe, K. (2020), 'Fostering Indigenous intercultural ability during and beyond initial teacher education', Intercultural Competence in the Work of Teachers: Confronting Ideologies and Practices, Routledge 9780367002381.
- Trudgett, M., Page, S., Bodkin-Andrews, G., Sullivan, C. and Whittaker, A. (2017), 'Another brick in the wall? : parent perceptions of school educational experiences of Indigenous Australian children', Indigenous Children Growing up Strong: A Longitudinal Study of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Families, Palgrave Macmillan 9781137534347.
- Page, S., Trudgett, M. and Harrison, N. (2015), 'A sociocultural approach to supporting Indigenous Australian success', Sociocultural Realities: Exploring New Horizons, Canterbury University Press 9781927145722.
- Trudgett, M., Page, S. and Coates, S. (2021), 'Talent war : recruiting Indigenous senior executives in Australian universities', Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management, vol 43, no 1 , pp 110 - 124.
- Coates, S., Trudgett, M. and Page, S. (2021), 'Examining Indigenous leadership in the academy : a methodological approach', Australian Journal of Education, vol 65, no 1 , pp 84 - 102.
- Povey, R., Trudgett, M., Page, S. and Coates, S. (2021), '[In Press] Where we're going, not where we've been : Indigenous leadership in Canadian higher education', Race Ethnicity and Education, .
- Hall, M., Naepi, S. and Page, S. (2021), 'O tatou reo, Na domoda, Kuruwilang birad : Indigenous voices in higher education', Higher Education Research and Development, vol 40, no 1 , pp 1 - 4.
- Coates, S., Trudgett, M. and Page, S. (2021), '[In Press] Islands in the stream : Indigenous academic perceptions of Indigenous senior leadership role', Higher Education Research and Development, .
- Trudgett, M., Page, S. and Coates, S. (2021), '[In Press] Peak bodies : Indigenous representation in the Australian higher education sector', Australian Journal of Education, .
- Coates, S., Trudgett, M. and Page, S. (2020), '[In Press] Indigenous higher education sector : the evolution of recognised Indigenous leaders within Australian universities', Australian Journal of Indigenous Education, .
- Page, S., Trudgett, M. and Bodkin-Andrews, G. (2019), 'Creating a degree-focused pedagogical framework to guide Indigenous graduate attribute curriculum development', Higher Education, vol 78 , pp 1 - 15.
- Page, S., Trudgett, M. and Bodkin-Andrews, G. (2019), 'Tactics or strategies? : exploring everyday conditions to facilitate implementation of an Indigenous graduate attributes project', Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management, vol 41, no 4 , pp 390 - 403.
- Bodkin-Andrews, G., Page, S. and Trudgett, M. (2019), 'Working towards accountability in embedding Indigenous studies : evidence from an Indigenous Graduate Attribute evaluation instrument', Australian Journal of Education, vol 63, no 2 , pp 232 - 260.
- Bodkin-Andrews, G., Page, S. and Trudgett, M. (2018), '[In Press] Shaming the silences : Indigenous Graduate Attributes and the privileging of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander voices', Critical Studies in Education, .
- Asmar, C. and Page, S. (2018), 'Pigeonholed, peripheral or pioneering? : findings from a national study of Indigenous Australian academics in the disciplines', Studies in Higher Education, vol 43, no 9 , pp 1679 - 1691.
- Page, S., Trudgett, M. and Sullivan, C. (2017), 'Past, present and future : acknowledging Indigenous achievement and aspiration in higher education', HERDSA Review of Higher Education, vol 4 , pp 29 - 51.
- Bodkin-Andrews, G., Whittaker, A., Harrison, N., Craven, R., Parker, P., Trudgett, M. and Page, S. (2017), 'Exposing the patterns of statistical blindness : centring Indigenous standpoints on student identity, motivation, and future aspirations', Australian Journal of Education, vol 61, no 3 , pp 225 - 249.
- Harrison, N., Trudgett, M. and Page, S. (2017), 'The dissertation examination : identifying critical factors in the success of Indigenous Australian doctoral students', Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, vol 42, no 1 , pp 115 - 127.
- Page, S. (2017), 'The transformative potential of Southern SOTL for Australian Indigenous studies', SOTL in the South, vol 1, no 1 , pp 108 - 113.
- Trudgett, M., Page, S. and Harrison, N. (2016), 'Brilliant minds : a snapshot of successful Indigenous Australian doctoral students', Australian Journal of Indigenous Education, vol 45, no 1 , pp 70 - 79.
- Harrison, N., Page, S. and Tobin, L. (2016), 'Art has a place : country as a teacher in the city', Educational Philosophy and Theory, vol 48, no 13 , pp 1321 - 1335.
- Asmar, C., Page, S. and Radloff, A. (2015), 'Exploring anomalies in Indigenous student engagement : findings from a national Australian survey of undergraduates', Higher Education Research and Development, vol 34, no 1 , pp 15 - 29.
- Trudgett, M. and Page, S. (2014), 'When the anths come marching in', Australian Journal of Anthropology, vol 25, no 3 , pp 388 - 390.
- Page, S., Trudgett, M. and Bodkin-Andrews, G. (2016), 'Exploring an Indigenous graduate attribute project through a critical race theory lens', Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia. Conference, Fremantle, W.A..
|Title:||Developing Indigenous Australian Early Career Researchers|
|Western Researchers:||Michelle Trudgett and Susan Page|
|Years:||2019-12-19 - 2022-12-19|