Professor Chris Knapp
Deans Unit School of Computing, Engineering & Math
Adjunct Professor Chris Knapp joined the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics as the inaugural Chair of Architecture from October 2017 and in April 2019 stood down from the Chair of Architecture position to take up a new role as Head of School at Bond University Abedian School of Architecture, Gold Coast Queensland. He remains an affilate and supporter of WSU Architecture as an Adjunct Professor.
This information has been contributed by Professor Knapp.
- BSc University of Michigan
- Executive Committee, Association of Architecture Schools of Australasia (2014)
- Citation, Australian Office of Learning and Teaching 2014-10-01
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Deans Unit School of Computing, Engineering & Math
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Chapters in Books
- Nelson, J., Knapp, C., Spence, R. and Hutchines, J. (2019), 'Brise-soleil house : developing software tools to enable the integration of design and fabrication in timber', Digital Wood Design: Innovative Techniques of Representation in Architectural Design, Springer 9783030036751.
- Knapp, C. (2018), 'Digital fabrication as practice-based PhD : tangible speculation into ways of making and representing architecture', Case Study Strategies for Architects and Designers: Integrative Data Research Methods, Routledge 9781138899667.
- Knapp, C. (2017), 'East House : built environment practice', Wood Residence, Artpower International 9789881261724.
- Knapp, C. and Nelson, J. (2016), 'Cellular tessellation', Blur d3: Dialog International Journal of Architecture + Design, D3 Publications 9780692740781.
- Knapp, C. (2015), 'The barnacle : a bit like camping, but much, much better', Living in Style: Architecture + Interiors, Braun Publishing 9783037681770.
- Knapp, C. (2013), 'East House : built environment practice', Eco Living, Braun Publishing 9783037681497.
- Knapp, C. and Nelson, J. (2014), 'Ornament and craft : digital design and the profession', Architecture Bulletin, vol Spring , pp 14 - 15.
- Schwartz, T., Andraos, S., Nelson, J., Knapp, C. and Arnold, B. (2016), 'Towards on-site collaborative robotics : voice control, co-speech gesture and context-specific object recognition via ad-hoc communication', Rob/Arch Robotic Fabrication in Architecture, Art and Design, Sydney, N.S.W..
- Knapp, C., Nelson, J., Kudless, A. and Bohnenberger, S. (2016), 'Lightweight material prototypes using dense bundled systems to emulate an ambient environment', Association for Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia. International Conference, Melbourne, Vic..
- Knapp, C., Nelson, J. and Kudless, A. (2015), 'Arclight', International Conference and Exhibition of the Association of Architecture Schools of Australasia, Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Knapp, C. and Nelson, J. (2015), 'Prototyping of composite structural envelopes through CNC and robotic fabrication', Conference on Advanced Building Skins, Bern, Switzerland.
- Knapp, C., Nelson, J., Parsons, M. and Freeman, N. (2014), 'Cellular Tessellation', ACADIA (Conference), Los Angeles, Calif..
- Knapp, C., Neslon, J. and Parsons, M. (2014), 'Constructing atmospheres', Association for Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia. International Conference, Kyoto, Japan.
- Knapp, C. (2013), 'The hand and the machine : a hybrid approach to complex construction in a work of Sir Peter Cook', Association for Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia. International Conference, Singapore.
|Description:||Studio Workshop Pty Ltd|