Ms Amanda Webb
Lecturer in Psychotherapy and Counselling,
Arts Therapy & Counselling
Amanda Webb has been teaching in postgraduate Counselling & Psychotherapy courses at Western Sydney University since 2011. She holds qualifications in Counselling, Psychology and Social Sciences.
Amanda is currently completing her PhD on ‘Being Person Centred’, exploring the experiences of Australian counsellors and educators to inform and enhance future education and practice. Amanda has worked as a counsellor in NGOs, NSW Health and private practice and has a passion for building people’s understanding of the impacts of trauma, role of attachment and how interpersonal neurobiology can help inform the ways we respond to human distress. Amanda’s research and teaching also seeks to highlight the influences of dominant discourses and explore the ways people operate within and alongside such influences.
Amanda is an educator/trainer who's passionate about helping people engage in both academic learning and personal growth. In addition to her counselling and psychotherapy work with individuals and families, Amanda enjoys working on innovative learning design and development projects, facilitating interactive groups, plus helping mentor and coach people in developing effective communication skills, emotional intelligence and robust professional practice.
Amanda brings a wide range of clinical, education and advocacy experiences to her teaching at Western Sydney University. She's worked in clinical, training and consulting roles with organisations including: Lifeline Sydney, Carers NSW, Relationships Australia, Wesley Mission, Unifam, the Mental Health Coordinating Council and NSW Health.
This information has been contributed by Ms Webb.
- GradDip Psychology University of New England
- MSSc(Counselling) University of Western Sydney
- GradDip Councelling Australian College of Applied Psychology
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) (2011 - 2020)
- Dean's Medal for Academic Excellence, Western Sydney University 2014-04-01
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Arts Therapy & Counselling
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Previous Teaching Areas
- 101335 Counselling: Practice and Professional Issues, 2016
- 101506 Counselling 1, 2015
- 101506 Counselling 1, 2017
- 101507 Counselling 2, 2015
- 101786 Clinical Studies (Counselling), 2015
- 101786 Clinical Studies (Counselling), 2016
- 101787 Further Clinical Studies (Counselling), 2015
- 102353 Foundations of Psychotherapy and Counselling 1, 2019
- 102355 Foundations of Psychotherapy and Counselling 2, 2019
- 102357 Ethics and Diversity in Research and Therapy, 2016
- 102364 Counselling and Psychotherapy Practice, 2018
- 102364 Counselling and Psychotherapy Practice, 2019
- 102365 Clinical Studies in Psychotherapy and Counselling, 2018
- 102366 Further Clinical Studies in Psychotherapy and Counselling, 2016
- 102370 Integrated Practice 1: Self and Story, 2019
- 102371 Integrated Practices 2: Affliction and Recovery, 2016
- 102371 Integrated Practices 2: Affliction and Recovery, 2017
- 102371 Integrated Practices 2: Affliction and Recovery, 2019
- 102372 Integrated Practices 3: Emotions, Embodiment and Connection, 2017
- 102372 Integrated Practices 3: Emotions, Embodiment and Connection, 2018
- 102372 Integrated Practices 3: Emotions, Embodiment and Connection, 2019
- 102373 Integrated Practices 4: Self and Relationships, 2017
- Webb, A. (2011), 'Exploring parallel process within post-separation service organisations : the client, worker and organisation divorce', Psychotherapy in Australia, vol 17, no 4 , pp 56 - 64.