Mrs Miranda Daly
Director of Academic Workforce, Sessional,
Dean's Unit - School of Nursing and Midwifery
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Nursing since 1989, 2nd year of non hospital based practitioners.
Spent 1 year rotating between medical/ surgical nursing. Ended up in emergency and stayed. Became a CNS in A&E. Then after hours clinical support Clinical Nurse Consultant 14 years. Provided after hours clinical support, education, on arrest team, trauma team, code black team, provided clinical supervision and education. Also relieved as NUM A&E and after hours Senior Nurse Manager.
Worked in private & public A&E's, ICU, CCU, burns, High dependency.
Worked in medical practice, pilots for kidney health & diabetes education through practice nurse association.
Commenced at UWS 2007 casual, became permanent in 2012.
Deputy Director Clinical 3 years looked after at risk students, verification process, also acted as Director. Deputy Director Casual Workforce and Resource Allocation 2017-present, look after sessional staffing/ recruitment and timetabling. Acted as Director.
Attained numerous post graduate qualifications and numerous certificates in mainly critical care. Currently working towards PhD.
This information has been contributed by Mrs Daly.
- DipRedMas Australasian College of Natural Therapies
- GDipAppSc(AdvClinNurs) University of Sydney
- Dip.App.Sc-Nursing Kuringai CAE
- Sessional staffing
- Critical Care
- Preventative management
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Dean's Unit - School of Nursing and Midwifery
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
|Phone:||(02) 4570 1656|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Hunt, L., Ramjan, L., Daly, M., Lewis, P., O'Reilly, R., Willis, S. and Salamonson, Y. (2020), 'Development and psychometric testing of the 10-item satisfaction with Nursing Skill Examination : Objective Structured Clinical Assessment scale', Nurse Education in Practice, vol 45 .
- Gregory, L., Villarosa, A., Ramjan, L., Hughes, M., O'Reilly, R., Stunden, A., Daly, M., Raymond, D., Fatayer, M. and Salamonson, Y. (2019), 'The influence of mathematics self-efficacy on numeracy performance in first-year nursing students : a quasi-experimental study', Journal of Clinical Nursing, vol 28, no 19-20 , pp 3651 - 3659.
- Daly, M., Salamonson, Y., Glew, P. and Everett, B. (2017), 'Hawks and doves : the influence of nurse assessor stringency and leniency on pass grades in clinical skills assessments', Collegian, vol 24, no 5 , pp 449 - 454.
- Glew, P., Starr, J., Salas, M., Daly, M., Ramjan, L., Everett, B., Dixon, K. and Salamonson, Y. (2019), 'Cross-disciplinary collaboration to facilitate clinical communication workshops for undergraduate nursing students', Worldwide Nursing Conference, Singapore.