Mrs Lyn Armstrong
Casual Academic - MATH1021,
Dean's Unit, Computer, Data & Math Sciences
Maths Education Support Hub
- MEd University of New England
- BSc Macquarie University
- DipEd Macquarie University
- TeachCert Department of School Education NSW
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Dean's Unit, Computer, Data & Math Sciences
- Maths Education Support Hub
|Phone:||(02) 47360 483|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Chapters in Books
- Power, C. and Armstrong, L. (2017), 'A facilitated community of practice : enabling student success in the blended learning environment', Implementing Communities of Practice in Higher Education: Dreamers and Schemers, Springer 9789811028656.
- Ramjan, L., Stewart, L., Salamonson, Y., Morris, M., Armstrong, L., Sanchez, P. and Flannery, L. (2014), 'Identifying strategies to assist final semester nursing students to develop numeracy skills : a mixed methods study', Nurse Education Today, vol 34, no 3 , pp 405 - 412.
- Armstrong, L., Power, C., Coady, C. and Dormer, L. (2011), 'Video-based supplemental instruction : creating opportunities for at-risk students undertaking engineering mathematics', Australasian Journal of Peer Learning, vol 4, no 1 , pp 3 - 15.
- Nicholas, J., Rylands, L., Coady, C., Armstrong, L., Dhindsa, H., McGlynn, S., Nicholls, J., Pettigrew, J. and Shearman, D. (2015), 'A tale of two very different mathematics support centres at two very different universities', Institute of Mathematics and Its Applications. Conference, Glasgow, Scotland.
- Dhindsa, H., Armstrong, L., Coady, C., Nicholls, J., Pettigrew, J. and Shearman, D. (2014), 'Tertiary students' engagement in a mathematics support program', Australian Conference on Science and Mathematics Education, Sydney, N.S.W..
- Shearman, D., Pettigrew, J., Coady, C., Armstrong, L. and Dhindsa, H. (2013), 'I don't get it : just-in-time support for confused students', Australian Conference on Science and Mathematics Education, Canberra, A.C.T..
- Gillies, R., Nicholls, J. and Armstrong, L. (2008), 'Skilling up : three bridging courses preparing students for the mathematical demands of tertiary study', Adults Learning Mathematics. Annual International Conference, Melbourne, Vic..