Mrs Lauren Metcalfe
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Lauren Metcalfe is a lecturer with the School of Nursing and Midwifery at WSU where she has been teaching since 2010. Lauren also works clinically as a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department for 15 years and an After Hours Clinical Educator. Lauren teaches across the three years of the undergraduate course she coordinates a core third year unit and an elective unit. Lauren’s research reflects her teaching and her clinical work. Lauren is currently involved in research on the effects of innovative formative assessment on student engagement.. Lauren is currently enrolled in her doctoral studies at Western Sydney University, undertaking a project focussed on how nurses who manage patient flow make decisions at times when the hospital is affected by crowding. This follows on from her honours study which explored the effects of ED crowding and bed congestion on patient outcomes and the impact of non-specialised care. Lauren enjoys being part of CCRICET, a research group collaborating with clinicians and researchers producing clinically relevant research.
This information has been contributed by Mrs Metcalfe.
- BN University of Western Sydney
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
|Phone:||(02) 4620 3305|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Hughes, M., Salamonson, Y. and Metcalfe, L. (2020), 'Student engagement using multiple-attempt 'Weekly Participation Task' quizzes with undergraduate nursing students', Nurse Education in Practice, vol 46 .
- Vasquez, D., Deland, L., Spears, K., Metcalfe, L., Frost, S. and Christensen, M. (2019), 'Time is Precious : person-centred end of life care in an emergency department : a quality improvement project', Emergency Nurse, vol 27, no 4 .
- Frost, S., Hou, Y., Lombardo, L., Metcalfe, L., Lynch, J., Hunt, L., Alexandrou, E., Brennan, K., Sanchez, D., Aneman, A. and Christensen, M. (2018), 'Evidence for the effectiveness of chlorhexidine bathing and health care-associated infections among adult intensive care patients : a trial sequential meta-analysis', BMC Infectious Diseases, vol 18, no 1 .
- Metcalfe, L., McNally, S. and Smith, S. (2017), 'A review of inpatient ward location and the relationship to Medical Emergency Team calls', International Emergency Nursing, vol 31 , pp 52 - 57.
- Salamonson, Y., Metcalfe, L., Alexandrou, E., Cotton, A., McNally, S., Murphy, J. and Frost, S. (2016), 'Measuring final-year nursing students' satisfaction with the viva assessment', Nurse Education in Practice, vol 16, no 1 , pp 91 - 96.
- Salamonson, Y., Ramjan, L., Van Den Nieuwenhuizen, S., Metcalfe, L., Chang, S. and Everett, B. (2016), 'Sense of coherence, self-regulated learning and academic performance in first year nursing students : a cluster analysis approach', Nurse Education in Practice, vol 17 , pp 208 - 213.
- Frost, S., Algoso, M., Metcalfe, L., Lynch, J., Hunt, L., Sanghavi, R., Alexandrou, E. and Hillman, K. (2016), 'Chlorhexidine bathing and health care-associated infections among adult intensive care patients : a systematic review and meta-analysis', Critical Care, vol 20 .