Mrs Christine Walker
School of Nursing and Midwifery
I completed a Bachelor of Nursing degree at UWS in 1994 earning a place in the top 30% of the cohort. I have been a Registered Nurse for 23 years, with 15 years of clinical experience predominetly in the area of Operating Theatre Nursing. During this time in the Operating Theatre I held governance positions of Clinical Nurse Specialist, Clinical Nurse Educator and Nurse Educator.
The past 8 years I have been in an academic role at Western Sydney University. Currently as full time Associate Lecturer I teach in the Undergraduate Nursing degree both in theoretical and clinical units. In 2016 I contributed to a book chapter - Walker, Christine, (2017). Urinary elimination . In: Fundamentals of Nursing and Midwifery: A Person-Centred Approach to Care. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
I completed a BN (Honours) Class 1 in 2016 at WSU. I was recognised for outstanding academic achievement, with a GPA of 6.750 and placed in the top 10% of the cohort, earning a place on the Dean’s Merit List for 2016. Additionally, I published from my Honours work, see the following link https://janzssa.scholasticahq.com/article/2623-unleashing-the-potential-and-pitfalls-of-the-ipad-on-undergraduate-nursing-students-in-tertiary-education
In 2018 I will be taking on the role of Unit Coordinator for Professional Practice Experience 1 of which I will be responsible for 1300 undergraduate first year students and approximately 40 staff.
This information has been contributed by Mrs Walker.
- BN(Hons) Western Sydney University
- RN Eng Nat Board for Nursing, Midwifery and Health
- MHlthScEd University of Sydney
- BN University of Western Sydney, Macarthur
- NSW Operating Theatre Association (2017 - 2020)
- Snow Skiiing
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
|Phone:||(02) 4570 1693
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Previous Teaching Areas
- 401000 Professional Practice Experience 1, 2017
- 401001 Primary Health Care in Action, 2017
- 401003 Professional Communication, 2016
- 401004 Professional Practice Experience 2, 2014
- 401007 Approaches to Professional Nursing Practice, 2017
- 401020 Professional Practice Experience 6, 2017
- 401022 Leadership in Nursing and Midwifery, 2016
- 401029 Foundations for Nursing Practice, 2015
Chapters in Books
- Walker, C., Donohoe, P., Hadlow, S. and Wilson, N. (2021), 'Perioperative nursing', Nursing in Australia: Contemporary Professional and Practice Insights, Routledge 9780367637859.
- Walker, C. (2017), 'Urinary elimination ', Fundamentals of Nursing and Midwifery: A Person-Centred Approach to Care, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 9781496350992.
- Walker, C., Wilson, N., Rylands, L., Hunt, L. and Pettigrew, J. (2021), 'Undergraduate nursing curricula : numeracy and accreditation', Collegian, vol 28, no 5 , pp 559 - 564.
- Walker, C., Wilson, N., Ramjan, L. and Glew, P. (2017), 'Unleashing the potential and pitfalls of the iPad on undergraduate nursing students in tertiary education', Journal of the Australian and New Zealand Student Services Association, vol 25, no 2 , pp 39 - 50.