Doctor Whitney Bevan
Lecturer In Construction Management,
Dr Whitney Bevan joined the Construction Management group in the School of the Built Environment (SoBE) at Western Sydney University in October 2018. Prior to this position, Whitney was a Teaching Fellow in Sustainable Technologies at the University of Reading (2016-2018). It was at the University of Reading where Whitney completely her doctoral thesis, working in collaboration with a local authority to study the skills required for the retrofit of low carbon buildings (November 2016). Whitney also has experience as a Research Assistant (February 2011 - November 2012), which investigated the adoption and diffusion of microgeneration technology in new build housing. It was the Postgraduate degree in Renewable Energy" Technology and Sustainability, the University of Reading (2009-2010), where Whitney gained here knowledge and experience of sustainable technology, in addition to further insight into the potential for low carbon buildings. Whitney is an active researcher, having published work on pedagogy within the Built Environment and work from her doctoral investigation.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Bevan.
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Construction Management
|Phone:||(02) 9685 4704|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Current Teaching Areas
- 301158 Modern Construction Enterprises
Previous Teaching Areas
- 200471 Construction Technology 5 (Envelope), 2019
- 301062 Environmental Building Design, 2019
- 301158 Modern Construction Enterprises, 2019
- Bevan, W. (2019), '[In Press] How to improve the student feedback process : a case study within the built environment', International Journal of Construction Education and Research, .
- Bevan, W. and Lu, S. (2013), 'Green marketing in housing : reality or rhetoric?', ARCOM (Association). Annual Conference, Reading, U.K..
- Bevan, W. and Lu, S. (2012), 'A multidisciplinary literature review of low and zero carbon technologies into new housing', ARCOM (Association). Annual Conference, Edinburgh, U.K..