Doctor Laurel Jackson
Director of Academic Program, Postgraduate Education,
Hospitality, Marketing & Sport
Joined UWS as a lecturer in 2006 . Prior to that 20 years as a senior marketing professional working in Australia and throughout the Asia Pacific region. Extensive experience in strategic marketing programs focused predominately on the financial services sector.Experience encompasses the development of strategic frameworks, policies and implementation plans in the areas of marketing strategy; brand positioning, market segmentation, strategic research and analysis; customer database modeling and marketing to extract value from existing customer databases, particularly with regard to customer relationship management. Extensive experience in financial services distribution, including Wealth Management and Private Banking. In depth experience of managing customer relationships, customer contact, customer satisfaction and customer service dynamics and measures. Brand champion for leading brands in Australia, AMP, Optus, St George, the Development Bank of Singapore in Asia and Navigator-Asia. Corporate roles included Marketing Director St George Bank Head of group Marketing DBS Bank Singapore.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Jackson.
- DPHIL University of Western Sydney
- GCRS University of Western Sydney
- MBA University of New South Wales
- DipEdu University of New South Wales
- BA University of New South Wales
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Postgraduate Education
- Hospitality, Marketing & Sport
|Phone:||(02) 9685 9197|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Previous Teaching Areas
- 200732 Creating Markets, 2012
- Banerjee, S. and Jackson, L. (2017), 'Microfinance and the business of poverty reduction : critical perspectives from rural Bangladesh', Human Relations, vol 70, no 1 , pp 63 - 91.
- Jackson, L. and Young, L. (2016), 'When business networks 'kill' social networks : a case study in Bangladesh', Industrial Marketing Management, vol 58 , pp 148 - 161.
- Young, L. and Jackson, L. (2012), 'Looking up to Layton : the case of higher degree research', Australasian Marketing Journal, vol 20, no 3 , pp 204 - 206.
- Jackson, L. and Young, L. (2017), 'Unintended consequences : linking microfinance and dowries', Australian & New Zealand Marketing Academy. Conference, Melbourne, Vic..
- Jackson, L. and Young, L. (2015), 'Network destruction : when business networks "kill" social networks : a case study in Matlab Bangladesh', Industrial Marketing and Purchasing Group. Conference, Kolding, Denmark.
- Jackson, L. (2014), 'Giving a voice to vulnerable poor communities : a qualitative market research approach', Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy. Conference, Brisbane, Qld..
- Banerjee, S. and Jackson, L. (2013), 'Microfinance and the business of poverty reduction : critical perspectives from rural Bangladesh', Academy of Management. Meeting, Orlando, Fla..
- Alqahtani, M. and Jackson, L. (2012), 'Enhancing customer satisfaction through management of customer knowledge : case of Saudi food industry', International Conference on Technology Management, Business and Enterpreneurship, Melaka, Malaysia.
- Jackson, L. and Low, D. (2010), 'Behavioural dimensions of financial decisions from a chronically poor rural area of Bangladesh', Auatralian & New Zealand Marketing Academy. Conference, Christchurch, N.Z..
- Jackson, L. (2009), 'Early findings from a study of influences on financial decision-making in a chronically poor rural area of Bangladesh', Australian & New Zealand Marketing Academy. Conference, Melbourne, Vic..
- Jackson, L. (2008), 'Decision-making of poor consumers in emerging economies : a conceptual framework', Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference 2008, Sydney - OIympic Park.
- Jackson, L. and Fletcher, R. (2008), 'A Linked Emic Approach to Addressing Research Methodology and Design Issues about Microfinance in Bangladesh', 2008 Global Marketing Conference at Shanghai, Shanghai.
- Jackson, L. and Fletcher, R. (2008), 'Microfinance Meeting the Needs of Poor Consumners: A Marketing Myth', Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference 2008, Sydney - OIympic Park.
- Fletcher, R., Jackson, L. and Chikweche, T. (2007), 'Undertaking Research at the BOP: the Challenge for Demographers', Seminar on the Applications of Demography in Business, Sydney.
- Fletcher, R., Jackson, L. and Chikweche, T. (2007), 'Research Methodology and Design Issues for Research at the Bottom of the Pyramid', CImaR Conferencxe,May 2007, Manchester,UK.
|Title:||The Negative Social Effects of Microfinance in Poor Rural Communities|
|Western Researchers:||Laurel Jackson and Louise Young|
|Years:||2012-10-24 - 2013-11-24|
|Thesis Title:||Involvement of Generation Y in Online Social Networking Media: Role in Developing Attitude Towards Brands.|
|Field of Research:|