Doctor Krisanthi Seneviratne
Lecturer In Construction Management,
Dr Krisanthi Seneviratne joined Western Sydney University as a Lecturer in Construction Management in 2020. Before joining WSU, she worked at Heriot Watt University (Dubai Campus), UAE as a Lecturer in Construction Management and Surveying since 2014. Krisanthi completed her PhD in Construction Project Management from Salford University, UK in 2013, where she also worked as a researcher on Royal Foreign and Commonwealth Office funded research project titled ‘Conflict Prevention through Infrastructure Reconstruction’ and Royal Institution and Chartered Surveyors Education Trust funded research project titled ‘ISLAND - II’. Krisanthi joined Salford University after two years of service to Moratuwa University, Sri Lanka as a Lecturer in Quantity Surveying. She graduated with a BSc (Honours) in Quantity Surveying (First Class) from the same University in 2003.
Krisanthi is a Chartered Quantity Surveyor. She is a Member of RICS (MRICS) and an APC Assessor. Outside of academia, she has experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor at NE Azzam and Partners, UAE.
Krisanthi’s current research interests include Disaster Management; Construction Cost Management; Sustainable Development; Construction Procurement and Contracts and Construction Health and Safety. She has published her research related to construction management in numerous conferences and journals
This information has been contributed by Doctor Seneviratne.
- PhD University of Salford
- BSc University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
- Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) (2018)
- Associate Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (ACIArb) (2019)
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA) (2017)
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Construction Management
|Phone:||(02) 47360 114|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Seneviratne, K. and Michael, G. (2018), '[In Press] Disputes in time bar provisions for contractors' claims in standard form of contracts', International Journal of Construction Management, .
- Seneviratne, K., Amaratunga, D. and Haigh, R. (2017), 'Managing housing needs of post conflict housing reconstruction : Sri Lankan perspective', Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, vol 24, no 2 , pp 275 - 288.
- Seneviratne, K., Amaratunga, D. and Haigh, R. (2016), 'Managing housing needs in post conflict housing reconstruction in Sri Lanka : gaps verses recommendations', International Journal of Strategic Property Management, vol 20, no 1 , pp 88 - 100.
- Seneviratne, K., Amaratunga, D. and Haigh, R. (2015), 'Post conflict housing reconstruction : exploring the challenges of addressing housing needs in Sri Lanka', Built Environment Project and Asset Management, vol 5, no 4 , pp 432 - 445.
- Seneviratne, K., Rameezdeen, R. and Amaratunga, D. (2015), 'Contractor capacity and waste generation : an empirical investigation', Journal of Construction in Developing Countries, vol 20, no 2 , pp 25 - 36.
- Athapaththu, K. and Seneviratne, K. (2018), 'Types, causes and effects of variations in residential building projects in the UAE', International Cost Engineering Council. World Congress, Sydney, N.S.W..
- Seneviratne, K., Arar, A. and Hakim, H. (2016), 'Use of provisional sums in the UAE construction industry : an empirical study', World Construction Symposium, Colombo, Sri Lanka.