Doctor Jenny McDonald
Senior Lecturer In Medical Education,
School of Medicine
Dr Jenny McDonald is a Senior Lecturer in the Medical Education Unit, School of Medicine and is Coordinator of the Personal and Professional Development program, academic lead of the Portfolio and Chair of the Professionalism committee.
Jenny graduated from the University of Sydney (MBBS, 1983), has a Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP, 1993) and is a specialist in Community Child Health with clinical experience and published research in child development and disabilities, Aboriginal child health and the impacts of social disadvantage on child well-being. She has a Graduate Certificate in Clinical Teaching from the University of Melbourne (2017). Jenny is a joint PhD candidate with Western Sydney and Maastricht University.
Jenny worked in private consultant paediatric practice between 1993 and 2000 and as a staff specialist at Campbelltown Hospital between 2001 and 2016 where she established and led a multi-disciplinary child development team. She was a director on the board of Mater Dei School between 1995 and 2007 and served as chair in the years 2004-7.
This information has been contributed by Doctor McDonald.
- GCCT University of Melbourne
- MBBS University of Sydney
- Chapter of Community Child Health (2000 - 2020)
- FRACP (1993 - 2020)
- Child disability
- Child health and well-being
- Medical Education
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- School of Medicine
- Professionalism Committee
|Phone:||(02) 4620 3802|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Graves, J., Abdel Shaheed, C. and McDonald, J. (2019), 'A lesson in mental health stigma', Academic Psychiatry, vol 43, no 2 , pp 250 - 251.
- McDonald, J. (2018), 'Twelve tips for teaching child development and disability to medical students', Medical Teacher, vol 40, no 2 , pp 135 - 139.
- Kayrouz, N., Milne, S. and McDonald, J. (2017), 'Social disadvantage and developmental diagnosis in pre-schoolers', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 53, no 6 , pp 563 - 568.
- Grace, R., Elcombe, E., Knight, J., McMahon, C., McDonald, J. and Comino, E. (2017), 'Early childhood development over time for a cohort of Australian Aboriginal children living in an urban environment', Australian Journal of Educational and Developmental Psychology, vol 15 , pp 35 - 52.
- Milne, S., McDonald, J. and Kayrouz, N. (2016), 'Determinants of developmental progress in pre-schoolers referred for neuro-developmental diagnosis', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 52, no 11 , pp 1004 - 1011.
- McDonald, J. (2016), 'Development and cognitive functions in Saudi pre-school children with feeding problems without underlying medical disorders', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 52, no 3 , pp 357 - 357.
- Whitehall, J., McCulloch, R., Edwards, M. and McDonald, J. (2015), 'Engagement of undergraduate medical students of paediatrics in special schools for children with disabilities', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 51, no 8 , pp 798 - 801.
- Milne, S., McDonald, J. and Comino, E. (2015), 'Alternate scoring of the Bayley-III improves prediction of performance on Griffiths Mental Development Scales before school entry in preschoolers with developmental concerns', Child: Care, Health and Development, vol 41, no 2 , pp 203 - 212.
- Milne, S. and McDonald, J. (2015), 'Assessing adaptive functioning in preschoolers referred for diagnosis of developmental disabilities', Infants and Young Children, vol 28, no 3 , pp 248 - 261.
- Kayrouz, N., Milne, S., Cottier, C. and McDonald, J. (2014), 'Families referred to a Child Assessment Team : the Campbelltown experience', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 50, no 12 , pp 1008 - 1012.
- McDonald, J., Webster, V., Knight, J. and Comino, E. (2014), 'The Gudaga Study : development in 3-year-old urban Aboriginal children', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 50, no 2 , pp 100 - 106.
- McDonald, J., Milne, S., Knight, J. and Webster, V. (2013), 'Developmental and behavioural characteristics of children enrolled in a child protection pre-school', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 49, no 2 , pp 142 - 146.
- Milne, S., McDonald, J. and Comino, E. (2013), 'Adaptive function in preschoolers in relation to developmental delay and diagnosis of autism spectrum disorders : insights from a clinical sample', Autism, vol 17, no 6 , pp 743 - 753.
- McDonald, J. and Milne, S. (2013), 'Australian developmental screening test', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 49, no 3 , pp 255 - 255.
- Milne, S., McDonald, J. and Comino, E. (2012), 'The use of the Bayley Scales of Infant and Toddler Development III with clinical populations : a preliminary exploration', Physical & Occupational Therapy in Pediatrics, vol 32, no 1 , pp 24 - 33.
- McDonald, J., Comino, E., Knight, J. and Webster, V. (2012), 'Developmental progress in urban Aboriginal infants : a cohort study', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 48, no 2 , pp 114 - 121.
- Bennett, B., McDonald, J., Knight, J., Comino, E. and Henry, R. (2010), 'Assessing development of urban Aboriginal infants', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 46, no 7-8 , pp 384 - 391.
- Hegazi, I., McDonald, J., Graves, J., Abrahams, N. and Thorneycroft, R. (2019), 'The shaping of moral development in medical students', Australia and New Zealand Association for Health Professional Educators. Conference, Canberra, A.C.T..
|Title:||Navigating the transition from school to adult disability services: Experiences of young people with intellectual disability|
|Western Researchers:||Lise Mogensen, Jenny Mcdonald, Gabrielle Drake and Nicole Sharp|
|Years:||2018-06-18 - 2021-01-31|