Doctor Jenny McDonald
Snr Lecturer In Medical Education,
School Of Medicine
Dr Jenny McDonald (FRACP, MBBS (Hons)) is a Senior Lecturer in the Medical Education Unit, School of Medicine and is Coordinator of Personal and Professional Development.
She is a specialist in Community Child Health with clinical and research experience in child development and disabilities, Aboriginal child health and the impacts of social disadvantage on child well-being. She worked as a staff specialist at Campbelltown Hospital between 2001 and 2016 and in private consultant paediatric practice between 1993 and 2000. She was a director on the board of Mater Dei School between 1995 and 2007 and served as chair in the years 2004-7.
This information has been contributed by Doctor McDonald.
- GCCT University of Melbourne
- MBBS University of Sydney
- FRACP (1993 - 2017)
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- School Of Medicine
|Phone:||(02) 4620 3802|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Graves, J., Abdel Shaheed, C. and McDonald, J. (2019), 'A lesson in mental health stigma', Academic Psychiatry, vol 43, no 2 , pp 250 - 251.
- McDonald, J. (2018), 'Twelve tips for teaching child development and disability to medical students', Medical Teacher, vol 40, no 2 , pp 135 - 139.
- Kayrouz, N., Milne, S. and McDonald, J. (2017), 'Social disadvantage and developmental diagnosis in pre-schoolers', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Heath, vol 53, no 6 , pp 563 - 568.
- Grace, R., Elcombe, E., Knight, J., McMahon, C., McDonald, J. and Comino, E. (2017), 'Early childhood development over time for a cohort of Australian Aboriginal children living in an urban environment', Australian Journal of Educational and Developmental Psychology, vol 15 , pp 35 - 52.
- Milne, S., McDonald, J. and Kayrouz, N. (2016), 'Determinants of developmental progress in pre-schoolers referred for neuro-developmental diagnosis', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 52, no 11 , pp 1004 - 1011.
- McDonald, J. (2016), 'Development and cognitive functions in Saudi pre-school children with feeding problems without underlying medical disorders', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 52, no 3 , pp 357 - 357.
- Whitehall, J., McCulloch, R., Edwards, M. and McDonald, J. (2015), 'Engagement of undergraduate medical students of paediatrics in special schools for children with disabilities', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 51, no 8 , pp 798 - 801.
- Milne, S., McDonald, J. and Comino, E. (2015), 'Alternate scoring of the Bayley-III improves prediction of performance on Griffiths Mental Development Scales before school entry in preschoolers with developmental concerns', Child: Care, Health and Development, vol 41, no 2 , pp 203 - 212.
- Milne, S. and McDonald, J. (2015), 'Assessing adaptive functioning in preschoolers referred for diagnosis of developmental disabilities', Infants and Young Children, vol 28, no 3 , pp 248 - 261.
- Kayrouz, N., Milne, S., Cottier, C. and McDonald, J. (2014), 'Families referred to a Child Assessment Team : the Campbelltown experience', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 50, no 12 , pp 1008 - 1012.
- McDonald, J., Webster, V., Knight, J. and Comino, E. (2014), 'The Gudaga Study : development in 3-year-old urban Aboriginal children', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 50, no 2 , pp 100 - 106.
- McDonald, J., Milne, S., Knight, J. and Webster, V. (2013), 'Developmental and behavioural characteristics of children enrolled in a child protection pre-school', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 49, no 2 , pp 142 - 146.
- Milne, S., McDonald, J. and Comino, E. (2013), 'Adaptive function in preschoolers in relation to developmental delay and diagnosis of autism spectrum disorders : insights from a clinical sample', Autism, vol 17, no 6 , pp 743 - 753.
- McDonald, J. and Milne, S. (2013), 'Australian developmental screening test', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 49, no 3 , pp 255 - 255.
- Milne, S., McDonald, J. and Comino, E. (2012), 'The use of the Bayley Scales of Infant and Toddler Development III with clinical populations : a preliminary exploration', Physical & Occupational Therapy in Pediatrics, vol 32, no 1 , pp 24 - 33.
- McDonald, J., Comino, E., Knight, J. and Webster, V. (2012), 'Developmental progress in urban Aboriginal infants : a cohort study', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 48, no 2 , pp 114 - 121.
- Bennett, B., McDonald, J., Knight, J., Comino, E. and Henry, R. (2010), 'Assessing development of urban Aboriginal infants', Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol 46, no 7-8 , pp 384 - 391.
- Hegazi, I., McDonald, J., Graves, J., Abrahams, N. and Thorneycroft, R. (2019), 'The shaping of moral development in medical students', Australia and New Zealand Association for Health Professional Educators. Conference, Canberra, A.C.T..
|Title:||Navigating the transition from school to adult disability services: Experiences of young people with intellectual disability|
|Western Researchers:||Lise Mogensen and Jenny Mcdonald|
|Years:||2018-06-18 - 2020-06-18|