Doctor Jannine Bailey
Dean's Unit - School of Medicine
Dr Jannine Bailey is a Senior Lecturer, Rural Health and Research at the Bathurst Rural Clinical School, Western Sydney University. Her early research was in enteric microbiology and antibiotic resistance. Since 2013 she has been involved in public health and health services research, with particular focus on indigenous health issues, broader rural health issues and health service delivery in rural and regional communities. She has expertise in quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods research.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Bailey.
- PhD University of Sydney
- BSc(Hons) University of Western Sydney
- BSc(BiomedSc) University of Western Sydney, Hawkesbury
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Dean's Unit - School of Medicine
|Phone:||(02) 9685 9935|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Previous Teaching Areas
- 60056 Community Research, 2015
- 60056 Community Research, 2016
- Edmiston, N., Hu, W., Tobin, S., Bailey, J., Joyce, C., Cockrell, K. and Mogensen, L. (2023), '"You're actually part of the team" : a qualitative study of a novel transitional role from medical student to doctor', BMC Medical Education, vol 23 .
- Hanly, S., Kanagaretnam, H., Katti, S., Sivapalan, G., Wong, T. and Bailey, J. (2022), 'Colorectal cancer screening : a pilot study investigating participation in and barriers to screening in rural New South Wales', Australian Journal of Rural Health, vol 30, no 2 , pp 291 - 297.
- Chan, K., Xue, H., Carlson, J., Gray, J., Bailey, J. and Vines, R. (2022), 'Impact of COVID-19 on lifestyle and mental wellbeing in a drought-affected rural Australian population', Rural and Remote Health, vol 22, no 4 .
- Bailey, J., Dutton, T., Hawke, C., Illife, J., Kirkby, M., Lovell Smart, S., O'Brien, P., Paxton, K., Shaban, R., Thomas, L. and Wharton, S. (2021), 'Exploring rural patients' understanding of the types, risk factors and measures to prevent healthcare-associated infections in Australia', Infection, Disease and Health, vol 26, no 1 , pp 31 - 37.
- D'Souza, C., Kramadhari, N., Skalkos, E., Dutton, T. and Bailey, J. (2021), 'Sun safety knowledge, practices and attitudes in rural Australian farmers : a cross-sectional study in Western New South Wales', BMC Public Health, vol 21 .
- Foo, Y., Goswami, P., Grogin, J., Hargan, E., Thangarajah, M., Dutton, T., Mendel, S. and Bailey, J. (2021), 'Incorporation of human papillomavirus self-sampling into the revised National Cervical Screening Program : a qualitative study of GP experiences and attitudes in rural New South Wales', Australian Journal of Primary Health, vol 27, no 4 , pp 284 - 290.
- Reed, K., Reed, B., Bailey, J., Beattie, K., Lynch, E., Thompson, J., Vines, R., Wong, K., McCrossin, T. and Wilson, R. (2021), 'Interprofessional education in the rural environment to enhance multidisciplinary care in future practice : breaking down silos in tertiary health education', Australian Journal of Rural Health, vol 29, no 2 , pp 127 - 136.
- Bailey, J., Blignault, I., Renata, P., Naden, P., Nathan, S. and Newman, J. (2021), 'Barriers and enablers to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander careers in health : a qualitative, multisector study in western New South Wales', Australian Journal of Rural Health, vol 29, no 6 , pp 897 - 909.
- Stevens, C., Dutton, T. and Bailey, J. (2021), 'Supporting staff childcare needs can be an adjunct to an effective recruitment and retention strategy : a short report', Australian Journal of Rural Health, vol 29, no 5 , pp 789 - 793.
- Dutton, T., Marjoram, J., Burgess, S., Montgomery, L., Vail, A., Callan, N., Jacob, S., Hawkes, D., Saville, M. and Bailey, J. (2020), 'Uptake and acceptability of human papillomavirus self-sampling in rural and remote Aboriginal communities : evaluation of a nurse-led community engagement model', BMC Health Services Research, vol 20, no 1 .
- Bailey, J. and Pit, S. (2020), 'Medical students on long-term rural clinical placements and their perceptions of urban and rural internships : a qualitative study', BMC Medical Education, vol 20, no 1 .
- Floyd, T., Martensson, S., Bailey, J., Kay, D., McGarity, B. and Brew, B. (2019), 'The MOWER (middle of the week everyone gets a re-chart) pilot study : reducing in-hospital charting error with a multi-intervention', BMC Health Services Research, vol 19, no 1 .
- Mendel, S., Beattie, K., Thompson, J., Vines, R., Wong, K., Bailey, J., Cockrell, K., Reed, B., McCrossin, T. and Wilson, R. (2019), 'Interdisciplinary teaching in rural settings to enhance multidisciplinary team care : the RIPL effect', Social Innovations Journal, vol 56 .
- Bailey, J., Davies, C., McCrossin, T., Kiernan, M., Skinner, R., Steinbeck, K. and Mendis, K. (2018), 'Fit4YAMs : structuring a lifestyle intervention for rural overweight and obese young adult males using participatory design', Journal of Adolescent Health, vol 62, no 3 , pp 65 - 71.
- Lam, L., Ansari, A., Baquir, P., Chowdhury, N., Tran, K. and Bailey, J. (2018), 'Current practices, barriers and enablers for advance care planning among healthcare workers of aged care facilities in western New South Wales, Australia', Rural and Remote Health, vol 18, no 4 .
- Bailey, J., Dutton, T., Payne, K., Wilson, R. and Brew, B. (2017), 'Farm safety practices and farm size in New South Wales', Journal of Agromedicine, vol 22, no 3 , pp 229 - 234.
- Payne, K., Dutton, T., Weal, K., Earle, M., Wilson, R. and Bailey, J. (2017), 'An after hours gp clinic in regional Australia : appropriateness of presentations and impact on local emergency department presentations', BMC Family Practice, vol 18 .
- Bailey, J. and McCrossin, T. (2016), 'Communicating diabetes in Australian print media: a change in language use between 2010 and 2014?', Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, vol 40, no 5 , pp 493 - 497.
- Mendis, K., Bailey, J. and McLean, R. (2015), 'Tracking Australian health and medical research expenditure with a PubMed bibliometric method', Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, vol 39, no 3 , pp 227 - 231.
- Bailey, J., Mendis, K., Dutton, T., Stevens, W. and McCrossin, T. (2015), 'A decade of Rural Clinical School research : a PubMed review', Rural and Remote Health, vol 15, no 4 .
- Mendis, K., Greenhill, J., Walker, J., Bailey, J., Croft, A., Doyle, Z., McCrossin, T. and Stevens, W. (2015), '2014 Rural Clinical School Training and Support Program Snapshot survey', Rural and Remote Health, vol 15, no 4 .
- Bailey, J., Pinyon, J., Anantham, S. and Hall, R. (2011), 'Distribution of the blaTEM gene and blaTEM-containing transposons in commensal Escherichia coli', Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, vol 66, no 4 , pp 745 - 751.
- Renate, P., Smith, T., Bailey, J., Naden, P., Carriage, C., Newman, J., Byrne, Z. and Blignault, I. (2019), 'Better together : working and growing together will enhance Aboriginal careers in health', National Rural Health Conference, Hobart, Tas..
- 2020, 'Career Pathways for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workforce: National Survey Report: Career Pathways Project', Report
- 2020, 'We Are working for our People: Growing and Strengthening the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workforce: Career Pathways Project Report', Report
- 2020, 'Evaluation of the Western NSW Primary Health Network Mental Health Nurse Incentive Program', Report
- 2020, 'Career Pathways for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workforce: NSW Workplace Case Studies Report: Career Pathways Project', Report
- 2019, 'Career Pathways Project: NSW Workplace Case Studies Report', Report
|Title:||A nurse led community engagement model for engaging under-screened and never screened Aboriginal women in cervical cancer screening using HPV self-sampling|
|Western Researchers:||Jannine Bailey and Caroline Robertson|
|Years:||2018-07-06 - 2018-12-31|
|Title:||Consumer-directed homecare for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples is it meeting their needs?|
|Western Researchers:||Jannine Bailey and Ann Dadich|
|Years:||2019-01-31 - 2019-12-31|
|Title:||Pharmacist-led Home Medicines Reviews at Orange Aboriginal Medical Service: Implementation and Evaluation|
|Western Researchers:||Jannine Bailey|
|Years:||2017-01-01 - 2021-12-31|
|Title:||Career pathways for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health professionals [via UNSW]|
|Western Researchers:||Ilse Blignault, Jannine Bailey and Sally Fitzpatrick|
|Years:||2017-01-09 - 2020-01-30|