Doctor Erin Mackenzie
Director of Academic Program, Postgraduate Specialist Programs,
Dean's Unit - School of Education
Lecturer - Secondary Science, STEM,
Secondary Education (SoE)
Erin Mackenzie is a Lecturer in the School of Education and a researcher in the Centre for Educational Research at Western Sydney University. She has experience teaching in secondary schools and university settings, and lectures in educational psychology, secondary science pedagogy, and STEM education. Erin’s research interests include adolescent online interactions, coping, and the role of psychological and social factors in adolescent girls’ participation in STEM.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Mackenzie.
- PhD Macquarie University
- PG Cert Res Meth - ED Macquarie University
- BScEd University of Wollongong
- Australian Association for Research in Education (2018 - 2019)
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Dean's Unit - School of Education
- Secondary Education (SoE)
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Previous Teaching Areas
- 102077 Understanding and Teaching Children, 2020
- 102081 Adolescent Development and Teaching, 2020
- 102088 Secondary Curriculum 1B, 2020
- 102508 STEM foundations, 2020
- 102511 STEM Pedagogies in Practice, 2020
- 102764 Applied Mathematics and Science in Secondary STEM Education, 2020
Chapters in Books
- Dudley, D., Van Bergen, P., McMaugh, A. and Mackenzie, E. (2019), 'The role of social media in developing young people's health literacy', Young People, Social Media and Health, Routledge 9781138493957 .
- Berger, N., Mackenzie, E. and Holmes, K. (2020), 'Positive attitudes towards mathematics and science are mutually beneficial for student achievement : a latent profile analysis of TIMSS 2015', The Australian Educational Researcher, vol 47 , pp 409 - 444.
- Mackenzie, E., McMaugh, A. and Bergen, P. (2020), 'Digital support seeking in adolescent girls : a qualitative study of affordances and limitations', Cyberpsychology, vol 14, no 3 .
- Mackenzie, E., Berger, N., Holmes, K. and Walker, M. (2020), '[In Press] Online educational research with middle adolescent populations : ethical considerations and recommendations', Research Ethics, .
- Mackenzie, E., McMaugh, A. and O'Sullivan, K. (2012), 'Perceptions of primary to secondary school transitions : challenge or threat?', Issues in Educational Research, vol 22, no 3 , pp 298 - 314.
- Mackenzie, E., McMaugh, A. and Van Bergen, P. (2017), 'Who do girls turn to when times are tough? : mental health implications for teenagers who seek support online or face-to-face', Society for Research in Child Development. Biennial Meeting, Austin, Tex..
- 2020, 'Teaching Resource on Flooding in the Hawkesbury-Nepean Valley: Assessing the Impact on Student Learning', Report
|Title:||Parramatta Light Rail Teacher Professional Development Project|
|Western Researchers:||Catherine Attard, Nathan Berger and Erin Mackenzie|
|Years:||2018-10-15 - 2021-06-30|