Doctor Christine Taylor
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Dr Christine Taylor is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Nursing and Midwifery, WSU. She is also the Director of Academic Workforce (Parramatta) and Deputy Director of The New South Wales Centre for Evidence Based Health Care: A Joanna Briggs Institute Centre of Excellence that supports nurses in systematic reviews and implementation reports. Christine is a supervisor of PhD students and has published in the area of child and family health and nurse education. Christine is also an experienced educator, after having spent around 20 years in higher education. Christine's clinical experience has been in paediatrics for the most recent 15 years and previously around 15 years of adult nursing. Areas of clinical experience include medical-surgical, specialist units, high dependancy, psychiatric nursing and aged care.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Taylor.
- BSc University of New England
- PhD La Trobe University
- MHlthScEd University of Sydney
- BAppScNurs La Trobe University
- Australian Nurse Teachers' Society (2019 - 2020)
- Australian College of Nursing (2019 - 2019)
- Maternal and child health
- Neonates and paediatrics
- Nurse education
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
|Phone:||(02) 9685 9029|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Perumbil Pathrose, S., Spence, K., Taylor, C., Psaila, K., Schmied, V., Dahlen, H., Badawi, N., Gregory, K., Peters, K. and Foster, J. (2021), '[In Press] A cross-sectional survey of enteral feeding tube placement and gastric residual aspiration practices : need for an evidence-based clinical practice guideline', Advances in Neonatal Care, .
- Jacobs, S., Taylor, C., Dixon, K. and Wilkes, L. (2020), 'The advantages and disadvantages of using High Fidelity Simulation as an environment to observe undergraduate nurses' actions and their alignment with clinical judgement characteristics', Clinical Nursing Studies, vol 8, no 1 , pp 15 - 20.
- Jacobs, S., Taylor, C., Dixon, K. and Wilkes, L. (2019), 'The alignment of nursing actions to the characteristics of clinical judgement of undergraduate student nurses', Clinical Nursing Studies, vol 7, no 3 , pp 88 - 96.
- Taylor, C., Zhang, M., Foster, J., Novak, I. and Badawi, N. (2018), 'Caregivers' experiences of feeding children with cerebral palsy : a systematic review protocol of qualitative evidence', JBI Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports, vol 16, no 3 , pp 589 - 593.
- Jacobs, S., Taylor, C., Dixon, K. and Wilkes, L. (2018), 'Consensus of the characteristics of clinical judgement utilised by nurses' in their practice : results of a survey', Open Journal of Nursing, vol 8, no 10 , pp 746 - 757.
- Taylor, C., Angel, L., Nyanga, L. and Dickson, C. (2017), 'The process and challenges of obtaining and sustaining clinical placements for nursing and allied health students', Journal of Clinical Nursing, vol 26, no 19-20 , pp 3099 - 3110.
- Foster, J., Taylor, C. and Spence, K. (2017), 'Topical anaesthesia for needle-related pain in newborn infants (Review)', Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, vol 2 , pp 1 - 42.
- Jacobs, S., Wilkes, L., Taylor, C. and Dixon, K. (2016), 'Addressing the challenge of developing a conceptual definition for clinical judgment', Nursing and Health, vol 4, no 1 , pp 1 - 8.
- Foster, J., Taylor, C., Patterson Norrie, T. and Psaila, K. (2016), 'Experiences of new graduate nurses working in a neonatal intensive care setting : a systematic review protocol of qualitative evidence', JBI Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports, vol 14, no 10 , pp 105 - 111.
- Villanueva, D., Taylor, C., Dickson, C. and Foster, J. (2015), 'The experiences of new graduate nurses working in a pediatric setting : a systematic review protocol of qualitative evidence', JBI Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports, vol 13, no 2 , pp 49 - 58.
- Foster, J., Taylor, C. and Bredemeyer, S. (2013), 'Topical anaesthesia for needle-related procedural pain in newborn infants', Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, .
- Mills, A., Schmied, V., Taylor, C., Dahlen, H., Shuiringa, W. and Hudson, M. (2013), 'Someone to talk to : young mothers' experiences of participating in a young parents support programme', Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences, vol 27, no 3 , pp 551 - 559.
- Mills, A., Schmied, V., Taylor, C., Dahlen, H., Schuiringa, W. and Hudson, M. (2012), 'Connecting, learning, leaving : supporting young parents in the community', Health and Social Care in the Community, vol 20, no 6 , pp 663 - 672.
- Taylor, C., Mills, A., Schmied, V., Dahlen, H., Shuiringa, W. and Hudson, M. (2012), 'What works to engage young parents into services? Findings from an appreciative inquiry workshop', Contemporary Nurse, vol 42, no 2 , pp 258 - 271.
- Taylor, C., Gribble, K., Sheehan, A., Schmied, V. and Dykes, F. (2011), 'Staff Perceptions and Experiences of Implementing the Baby Friendly Initiative in Neonatal Intensive Care Units in Australia', JOGNN - Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, vol 40, no 1 , pp 25 - 34.
- Guy, J., Taylor, C., Roden, J., Blundell, J. and Tolhurst, G. (2011), 'Reframing the Australian nurse teacher competencies: Do they reflect the 'REAL' world of nurse teacher practice?', Nurse Education Today, vol 31, no 3 , pp 231 - 237.
- Taylor, C., Sellick, K. and Greenwood, K. (2011), 'The influence of adult behaviors on child coping during venipuncture : a sequential analysis', Research in Nursing and Health, vol 34, no 2 , pp 116 - 131.
- Schmied, V., Gribble, K., Sheehan, A., Taylor, C. and Dykes, F. (2011), 'Ten steps or climbing a mountain: A study of Australian health professionals' perceptions of implementing the baby friendly health initiative to protect, promote and support breastfeeding', BMC Health Services Research, vol 11, no 208 , pp 1 - 10.
- Taylor, C., Stewart, L. and Bidewell, J. (2009), 'Nursing students' appraisal of their professional portfolios in demonstrating clinical competence', Nurse Educator, vol 34, no 5 , pp 217 - 222.
- Andrew, S., Salamonson, Y., Weaver, R., Smith, A., O'Reilly, R. and Taylor, C. (2008), 'Hate the course or hate to go : semester differences in first year nursing attrition', Nurse Education Today, vol 28, no 7 , pp 865 - 872.
- 2018, 'Tackling Maternal Anxiety in the Perinatal Period: Reconceptualising Mothering Narratives', Report
|Title:||A study of service engagement and outcomes for infants and their young mothers|
|Western Researchers:||Virginia Schmied, Hannah Dahlen and Christine Taylor|
|Years:||2009-08-18 - 2010-08-17|
|Thesis Title:||Does a Virtual Reality Intervention Improve Critical Thinking in a Simulated Enviornment|
|Field of Research:|