Doctor Ben Dibley
Institute for Culture and Society
- Phd Australian National University
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Institute for Culture and Society
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Bennett, T., Cameron, F., Dias, N., Dibley, B., Harrison, R., Jacknis, I. and McCarthy, C. (2017), 'Collecting, Ordering, Governing: Anthropology, Museums and Liberal Government', : Duke University Press 9780822362531.
Chapters in Books
- Bennett, T., Dibley, B. and Kelly, M. (2021), 'Indigenous cultural tastes and capitals : gendered and class formations', Fields, Capitals, Habitus: Australian Culture, Inequalities and Social Divisions, Routledge 9781138392298.
- Bennett, T., Dibley, B. and Gayo, M. (2021), 'The mark of time : temporality and the dynamics of distinction in the music field', Fields, Capitals, Habitus: Australian Culture, Inequalities and Social Divisions, Routledge 9781138392298.
- Dibley, B. and Turner, G. (2018), 'Indigeneity, cosmopolitanism and the nation : the project of NITV', Making Culture: Commercialisation, Transnationalism, and the State of 'Nationing' in Contemporary Australia, Routledge 9781138094123.
- Muecke, S. and Dibley, B. (2016), 'Five theses for reinstituting economics : anthropological lessons from Broome', Engaging Indigenous Economy: Debating Diverse Approaches, ANU Press 9781760460037.
- Dibley, B. (2015), 'Prospects for a common world : museums, climate change, cosmopolitics', Climate Change, Museum Futures, Routledge 9780415843911.
- Dibley, B. (2015), 'Anthropocene : the enigma of 'the geomorphic fold'', Animals in the Anthropocene: Critical Perspectives on Non-Human Futures, Sydney University Press 9781743324394.
- Dibley, B. (2014), 'Antipodean aesthetics, public policy and the museum', History, Power, Text: Cultural Studies and Indigenous Studies, UTSePress 9780987236913.
- Dibley, B. (2020), 'Capturing spectral beasts : marsupial performances of the cinematic undead', Australian Humanities Review, vol 67 , pp 32 - 45.
- Dibley, B. and Hawkins, G. (2019), 'Making animals public : early wildlife television and the emergence of environmental nationalism on the ABC', Continuum, vol 33, no 6 , pp 744 - 758.
- Bennett, T., Dibley, B. and Kelly, M. (2018), 'Marking differences : Indigenous cultural tastes and practices', Continuum, vol 32, no 3 , pp 308 - 321.
- Dibley, B. and Gayo, M. (2018), 'Favourite sounds : the Australian music field', Media International Australia, vol 167, no 1 , pp 146 - 161.
- Dibley, B. (2018), 'The technofossil : a memento mori', Journal of Contemporary Archaeology, vol 5, no 1 , pp 44 - 52.
- Dibley, B. and Kelly, M. (2015), 'Morale and Mass Observation : governing the affective atmosphere on the home-front', Museum and Society, vol 13, no 1 , pp 22 - 41.
- Dibley, B. (2014), 'Assembling an anthropological actor : anthropological assemblage and colonial government in Papua', History and Anthropology, vol 25, no 2 , pp 263 - 279.
- Bennett, T., Dibley, B. and Harrison, R. (2014), 'Introduction : anthropology, collecting and colonial governmentalities', History and Anthropology, vol 25, no 2 , pp 137 - 149.
- Dibley, B. (2012), ''The shape of things to come' : seven theses on the Anthropocene and attachment', Australian Humanities Review, vol 52 , pp 139 - 153.
- Dibley, B. (2012), ''Nature is Us:' the Anthropocene and species-being', Transformations, , no 21 .
- Dibley, B. (2011), 'Museums and a common world: climate change, cosmopolitics, museum practice', Museum & Society, vol 9, no 2 , pp 154 - 165.
- Neilson, B. and Dibley, B. (2010), 'Climate crisis and the actuarial imaginary : ?the war on global warming'', New Formations, vol 69 , pp 144 - 159.
- 2010, 'Hot Science, Global Citizens Online Survey Findings (Australia and US (New York City, New York State, New Jersey State, Jersey City)', Report