Doctor Bal Krishna KC
Casual Academic - CIVL2018,
Dean's Unit, School of Eng, Design & Built Enviro.
- Phd Curtin University of Technology
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Dean's Unit, School of Eng, Design & Built Enviro.
|Phone:||(02) 47360 703
(02) 47360 241
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Korotta-Gamage, S., Sathasivan, A. and KC, B. (2021), 'Effect of backwashing biologically activated carbon on coagulability of organics in surface water', Science of the Total Environment, vol 785 .
- Korotta-Gamage, S., Sathasivan, A. and KC, B. (2021), 'Potential of biologically activated carbon to improve chlorine stability from biodegradation in surface waters', Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, vol 9, no 1 .
- KC, B., Sathasivan, A. and Ginige, M. (2021), 'An assessment of the persistence of putative pathogenic bacteria in chloraminated water distribution systems', Water Research, vol 190 .
- Rathnayake, D., KC, B., Kastl, G. and Sathasivan, A. (2021), 'The role of pH on sewer corrosion processes and control methods : a review', Science of the Total Environment, vol 782 .
- KC, B., Sathasivan, A., Cox, P. and Doolan, C. (2020), 'Bacterial community including opportunistic pathogens dynamics in a chlorine tablet-dosed chloraminated service reservoir and reticulation pipes', International Biodeterioration and Biodegradation, vol 153 .
- KC, B., Sathasivan, A. and Listowski, A. (2020), 'Influence of treatment processes and disinfectants on bacterial community compositions and opportunistic pathogens in a full-scale recycled water distribution system', Journal of Cleaner Production, vol 274 .
- Trinh, T., KC, B., Salih, A., Listowski, A. and Sathasivan, A. (2020), 'Biofilm growth on PVC and HDPE pipes impacts chlorine stability in the recycled water', Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, vol 8, no 6 .
- Rathnayake, D., Sathasivan, A., Kastl, G. and KC, B. (2019), 'Hydrogen sulphide control in sewers by catalysing the reaction with oxygen', Science of the Total Environment, vol 689 , pp 1192 - 1200.
- Wong, P., Cheng, K., KC, B., Kaksonen, A., Sutton, D. and Ginige, M. (2018), 'Improvement of carbon usage for phosphorus recovery in EBPR-r and the shift in microbial community', Journal of Environmental Management, vol 218 , pp 569 - 578.
- KC, B., Rathnayake, D. and Sathasivan, A. (2018), 'Does the onset of nitrification equally impact in decaying chloramine?', Desalination and Water Treatment, vol 107 , pp 272 - 278.
- KC, B., Ginige, M. and Sathasivan, A. (2018), 'Is nitrite from nitrification the only cause of microbiologically induced chloramine decay?', Microbiology Australia, vol 39, no 3 , pp 145 - 148.
- Ginige, M., Garbin, S., Wylie, J. and KC, B. (2017), 'Effectiveness of devices to monitor biofouling and metals deposition on plumbing materials exposed to a full-scale drinking water distribution system', PLoS One, vol 12, no 1 .
- Lamichhane, S., KC, B. and Sarukkalige, R. (2017), 'Surfactant-enhanced remediation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons : a review', Journal of Environmental Management, vol 199 , pp 46 - 61.
- KC, B., Niaz, M., Sarker, D. and Jansen, T. (2017), 'Phosphorous removal from aqueous solution can be enhanced through the calcination of lime sludge', Journal of Environmental Management, vol 200 , pp 359 - 365.
- Lamichhane, S., KC, B. and Sarukkalige, R. (2016), 'Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) removal by sorption : a review', Chemosphere, vol 148 , pp 336 - 353.
- KC, B., Bhullar, G., Sathasivan, A. and Henderson, R. (2016), 'Effectiveness of re-chloramination to control nitrification in chloraminated bulk waters', Desalination and Water Treatment, vol 57, no 34 , pp 15970 - 15978.
- Adhikari, R., KC, B. and Sarukkalige, R. (2016), 'Evaluation of phosphorus adsorption capacity of various filter materials from aqueous solution', Adsorption Science and Technology, vol 34, no 4-5 , pp 320 - 330.
- KC, B., Aryal, A. and Jansen, T. (2016), 'Comparative study of ground water treatment plants sludges to remove phosphorous from wastewater', Journal of Environmental Management, vol 180 , pp 17 - 23.
- KC, B., Sathasivan, A. and Kastl, G. (2014), 'Effectiveness of breakpoint chlorination to reduce accelerated chemical chloramine decay in severely nitrified bulk waters', Chemosphere, vol 117 , pp 692 - 700.
- KC, B., Sathasivan, A. and Ginige, M. (2013), 'Microbial community changes with decaying chloramine residuals in a lab-scale system', Water Research, vol 47, no 13 , pp 4666 - 4679.
- KC, B., Sathasivan, A. and Garbin, S. (2013), 'Wider presence of accelerated chemical chloramine decay in severely nitrifying conditions', Water Science and Technology: Water Supply, vol 13, no 4 , pp 1090 - 1098.
- KC, B., Sathasivan, A. and Sarker, D. (2012), 'Evidence of soluble microbial products accelerating chloramine decay in nitrifying bulk water samples', Water Research, vol 46, no 13 , pp 3977 - 3988.
- Adikhari, R., Sathasivan, A. and KC, B. (2012), 'Effect of biofilms grown at various chloramine residuals on chloramine decay', Water science and technology : water supply, vol 12, no 4 , pp 463 - 469.
- KC, B. and Sathasivan, A. (2012), 'Effect of silver in severely nitrified chloraminated bulk waters', Water Science & Technology: Water Supply, vol 12, no 4 , pp 415 - 421.
- Tal, T., Sathasivan, A. and KC, B. (2011), 'Effect of different disinfectants on grey water quality during storage', Journal of Water Sustainability, vol 1, no 1 , pp 127 - 138.
- Aboutalebi, H., Sathasivan, A., KC, B. and Kohpaei, A. (2011), 'Expediting COD removal in microbial electrolysis cells by increasing biomass concentration', Bioresource Technology, vol 102, no 4 , pp 3981 - 3984.
- Sathasivan, A., KC, B., Fisher, I. and Fisher, I. (2010), 'Development and application of a method for quantifying factors affecting chloramine decay in service reservoirs', Water Research, vol 44, no 15 , pp 4463 - 4472.
- KC, B. and Sathasivan, A. (2010), 'Does an unknown mechanism accelerate chemical chloramine decay in nitrifying waters?', Journal of the American Water Works Association, vol 102, no 10 , pp 82 - 90.
- Pokasoowan, C., Kanitchaidecha, W., KC, B. and Annachhatre, A. (2009), 'Investigation on laboratory and pilot-scale airlift sulfide oxidation reactor under varying sulfide loading rate', Journal of Environmental Science and Health. Part A: Toxic Hazardous Substances and Environmental Engineering, vol 44, no 1 , pp 87 - 98.
- KC, B. and Polprasert, C. (2008), 'An integrated kinetic model for organic and nutrient removal by duckweed-based wastewater treatment (DUBWAT) system', Ecological Engineering, vol 34, no 3 , pp 243 - 250.
- Nagabhyru, K., KC, B. and Sathasivan, A. (2020), 'Effectiveness of breakpoint chlorination and rechlorination on nitrified chloraminated water', International Conference on Environment, Resources and Energy Engineering, Bangkok, Thailand.
|Title:||Assessment of ozonation for wastewater applications|
|Western Researchers:||Sathaa Arumugam Sathasivan and Bal Krishna Kc|
|Years:||2019-01-16 - 2024-03-01|