Doctor Adrian Hale
- PG Dip App Ling Monash University
- PhD University of Western Sydney
- Grad Dip Ed (Sec) Charles Sturt University
- BA (Hons) University of Western Sydney
- BA Charles Sturt University
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Arts (sohca)
|Phone:||(02) 9772 6395|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Hale, A. and Basides, H. (2013), 'The Keys to Academic English', : Palgrave Macmillan 9781420256819.
- Hale, A. (2020), 'Not scraping the bottom of the barrel : disadvantage, diversity and deficit as rich points', Arts and Humanities in Higher Education, vol 19, no 3 , pp 244 - 263.
- Hale, A. (2018), '"I get it, but it's just not funny" : why humour fails, after all is said and done', European Journal of Humour Research, vol 6, no 1 , pp 36 - 61.
- Hale, A. (2018), 'There is an after-life (for jokes, anyway) : the potential for, and appeal of, 'immortality' in humor', Humor, vol 31, no 3 , pp 507 - 538.
- Hale, A. and Reading, J. (2016), 'When the personal enables the independent : taking the library to the students', Australian Academic and Research Libraries, vol 47, no 1 , pp 3 - 17.
- Hale, A. (2016), 'Gender bender agenda : Dame Edna, k. d. Lang and Ivana Trump', European Journal of Humour Research, vol 4, no 3 , pp 1 - 23.
- Hale, A. (2016), 'The risks and rewards of teaching with humour in Western Sydney : adapting pedagogy to complex demographics', EuroAmerican Journal of Applied Linguistics and Languages, vol 3, no 2 , pp 22 - 41.
- Hale, A. (2015), '"Wogs, westies and writing in Western Sydney" : the reappropriating of labels and the teaching of academic English', International Journal of Innovative Interdisciplinary Research, vol 2, no 4 , pp 22 - 37.
- Hale, A. (2012), 'How not to kill the joke : the 'frame problem' and multiadicity', International Journal of Innovative Interdisciplinary Research, vol 1, no 2 , pp 107 - 132.
- Hale, A. (2009), 'The biographer's dilemma: What have you done with my life', Australian Studies, vol 1, no 1 .
- Hale, A. (2005), 'Whose Life is it anyway? :The Democratization of Biography and Contested Ownership of Memory', CEASS Conference: Scholarship and Community UWS 2005, University of Western Sydney, Bankstown.