- Psychology at Western
- Student Experience
- Honours Programs
- - Challenging Racism Project
- - Urban Research Program
- - Foundational Processes of Behaviour
- - Religion and Society Research Cluster
- - Sexualities and Genders Research
- - BabyLab
- - Clinical and Health Psychology Research
- - Humanitarian and Development Research Initiative
- - Ongoing Research Projects
- - Digital Research Labs
- Our People
- Psychology Clinic
- About SSAP
BabyLab at Kingswood is a non-profit Western Sydney University Infant Research Centre for pure and applied infant research on speech perception and language acquisition. We conduct research with infants and children focusing on speech perception, speech production, and related skills such as literacy.
Our researchers monitor babies' responses using state of the art equipment including eye tracking, heart rate and EEG technology. These studies provide a window into the mind of young babies acquiring the building blocks of language.
BabyLab at Kingswood is a joint collaboration between the School of Social Sciences and Psychology (SSAP) and The MARCS Institute, and therefore all research is conducted in collaboration by SSAP and MARCS researchers.