- A Business Degree with a Major Difference
- About Us
- Our Accreditations
- Our Courses
- Higher Degree Research
- Undergraduate Success
- Postgraduate Success
- Mentoring and support
- Scholarships and prizes
- Business and Community Engagement
- In the Media
- Learning and Teaching
- Our People
- Staff information
The School of Business is committed to conducting leading edge research, resulting in the creation of new knowledge that enriches our teaching, fosters social and economic outcomes and has relevance and importance locally, nationally and internationally. Research is a key component of the University and School's strategic plan. Here is an example of our engaged research.
We provide a stimulating and vibrant research culture with a strong focus on research education and training for our research candidates. Academic staff members in the School publish regularly in scholarly and professional journals and produce monographs and books, supported by a skilled research community. A listing of research produced by the School is available through the Research Portal.
The School collaborates with industry, government, community groups and other universities to produce high quality applied research that generates economic, environmental and social benefits. See examples of collaborative research projects.
Investing in research excellence
The School of Business has invested in a number of initiatives designed to accelerate the development and publication of research projects and strengthen the existing research culture.
- Development of new Research Groups – including Supply Chains and Cross-Discipline Business Sustainability – which build on existing specialisations and deliver a competitive advantage to the School.
- Building research skills and knowledge through a research seminar series, working paper series, conference support, professional mentoring and sponsored visits from eminent international and Australian academics.
- A Research Harvesting program that provides specialist editorial and other support to accelerate the development and publication of existing research projects and papers.
- Research Liaison Officers for each discipline within the School and Senior Research Assistant grants to develop ongoing projects.
The Director of Research and Higher Degrees Research within the School is Associate Professor Meg Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org.