- Student Experience
- Dean's Awards
- - Challenging Racism Project
- - Urban and Regional Research Program
- - Religion and Society Research Cluster
- - Sexualities and Genders Research
- - Humanitarian and Development Research Initiative
- - Ongoing Research Projects
- - Digital Research Labs
- Our People
- About SoSS
- Contact us
Humanitarian and Development Research Initiative (HADRI)
With international concern surrounding the nexus between security and development there is a clear demand to understand the complexity of development challenges and how they articulate with international humanitarian intervention and aid efforts.
WSU’s Humanitarian and Development Research Initiative (HADRI) has been established with a globally unique approach to pursue research that highlights the complexity of international responses to conflicts and disasters, and the intersections between the multidimensional health, socio-economic and political aspects of complex emergencies.
To conduct research that:
- Bridges the academic and practice aspects of humanitarian response, rehabilitation and development.
- Informs policy decisions of government, international organisations, academics and other stakeholders.
- Ensures synergies, innovation and knowledge sharing and translation through collaboration with HADRI’s global partners, and engagement with WSU’s undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Humanitarian and Development Studies (HADS).
Find out about HADRI research and research translation activities here.