Our students enjoy the best facilities and technology on offer. Our facilities are purpose-built for the needs of music, communications, interpreting, language, media and design students.
Burrow is an award-winning student design studio that connects emerging designers with people and organisations that require creative insight. Working from a dedicated studio environment at Parramatta South campus, Burrow has partnered with internal and external clients that span the education, arts and culture, tech innovation, health, and local government sectors. Recent partners including Parramatta City Council, Western Sydney Local Health District, Made in the West Film Festival, and Western Sydney University Launch Pad.
Burrow is unique as it provides opportunities for final year students to work on real-world projects with clients, providing a bridge between study and work life. A range of briefs are offered each semester and students are allocated a “junior designer” position based on their existing expertise and areas of interest in the creative field.
Led by designer and academic Katrina Sandbach, Burrow’s teaching staff, students, and projects have been recognised by awards at university and industry levels. For more information, please visit the Burrow website.
- High Definition Television Studio: State of the art studio featuring industry standard equipment including Grass Valley LDX Series Cameras with Teleprompters, Vinten Osprey Pedestals, Yamaha DM1000 Audio Desk, LSC-VX20 Lighting Control, Ross Carbonite Xtreme Switcher, Xpression Prime Graphics, KiPro SSD Players/Recorder with the option of Green Screen, white and black background to suit a vast array of in house studio production including documentary, panel discussion, musical performance and all other forms of creative expression.
- Post production facilities: Edit suites and labs featuring Apple computers with the latest in Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Loan store: An extensive range of video equipment to loan for use on location and the suit the needs of students. Ranging from portable DSLR cameras to slow motion and 4K Blackmagic cameras and professional Sony camcorders. Also, a range of audio recording devices and microphones, USB microphones for voice recording, portable lighting and moving camera equipment. There is sure to be something to suit the needs of your next video project.
Please email Tvstudio@westernsydney.edu.au with any enquiries.
- Photographic facilities are located at Parramatta South Campus and include four flexible studio spaces that can be used in various formats. These studio spaces include a 12m floor and ceiling cyclorama, pantograph lighting rails and the ability to adapt from portrait to still life layout quickly.
- Studio digital capture is by way of tethering using Apple MacBook pro laptops and Capture One Pro software.
- Nikon’s advanced DSLR camera system is used and supported by a vast range of high-quality studio and location optics.
- Studio lighting includes an extensive array of light shapers and latest technologies from Elinchrom both within the studio and portable location lighting.
- The photographic lighting studio is complemented by adjacent styling and dressing rooms and digital imaging spaces for post-production work.
- Apple computer labs include the latest design and imaging applications for student use.
- Other complementary features of the photographic design space are large format printers, reflective and film scanning, print finishing equipment, extensive range of loan equipment and electronic booking system.
The Music facilities at our Kingswood campus include two professional multitrack recording studios with the latest digital audio technologies, including ProTools, Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Waves plug-ins, and high quality microphones and outboard audio processing. The studios are connected to a variety of purpose-built, acoustically-designed spaces, allowing for large scale isolated recording.
Three audio post-production studios are equipped with 5.1 surround monitoring, allowing for the mixing of audiovisual material in Dolby Digital and surround formats for cinema and DVD applications. Supplementing the studios are two multi-station Apple computer labs with the latest audio, sequencing, synthesiser and music scoring applications.
The Golden Stave Music Therapy Centre, located on the University campus at Kingswood.
Apple computer labs, configured for full range of digital design and production including Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign and Unity.
- PC computer labs, configured with Sanako linguistic software.
- Professional-grade Sanako headsets.
- Fully-equipped conference interpreting booths.