- Engineering Courses
- Engineering Careers
- Work Integrated Learning
- - Advanced Materials and Smart Structures (AMSS)
- - AeIMS
- - Areas of Expertise and Consultancy
- - Artificial Intelligence Research Group
- - Astrophysical eScience Laboratory
- - Australian Housing Supply Chain Alliance (AHSCA)
- - Bioelectronics Neuroscience (BENS)
- - Centre for Research in Mathematics
- - Digital Humanities Technologies
- - Geotechnical, Water and Environmental Engineering Research
- - Health Informatics (eHealth)
- - Intelligent & Sustainable Electrical Systems
- - Networking, Security, and Cloud Research (NSCR)
- - Robotics, Vision and Signal Processing (RVSP)
- - Solar Energy Technologies
- - Sustainable Construction Management and Education (SCME)
- - Telehealth Research and Innovation Lab (THRIL)
- - related links
- Our People
- Solar Car
- Contact the School of Engineering
The mission of SET is the development of novel systems (materials and devices) for solar energy conversion that are based on oxide semiconductors.
The mission also includes education in the area of sustainable energy. The R&D program is focused on the development of photocatalysts for water purification using solar energy and photoelectrodes for the generation of solar-hydrogen fuel.
The program also involves the development of oxide semiconductors for a wide range of environmentally friendly applications, such as antiseptic, anti-fungi and self-cleaning coating as well as chemical gas sensors for pollution and greenhouse gases.
The research strategy aims at understanding the effect of light on reactivity of oxide semiconductors with water leading to partial and total water oxidation.