- Engineering Courses
- Engineering Careers
- Work Integrated Learning
- Our People
- Solar Car
- Contact the School of Engineering
Student Engineer Civil Design (Capital Projects)
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable Civil Engineering student in the latter years of study with sound design skills and experience to join our Civil Design Team.
This position is available on either a 6 month (up to 35 hours per week) or up to 12 month part time basis (maximum of 17.5 hours per week), or until graduation (whichever comes first).
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a Civil Design Team which delivers a diverse range of designs for projects of all scales and types. You will work within our Civil Design Team on a diverse range of design projects from inception, detailed design, through to construction whilst maintaining a high level of quality and integrity. Suitably qualified and experienced candidates must provide a separate written statements against each of the following selection criteria:
* Undertaking a recognised undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering.
* A demonstrated level of competency, computer literacy and some previous experience using civil engineering design software such as DRAINS; HECRas; XPRAFT; TUFLOW; RatHGIL; AQUALM; MapInfo / GIS; Autodesk Civil 3D; Advanced Road Design (road and intersection design package); AutoCad (Drafting) as well as the Microsoft Office Suite.
* An awareness of design documentation and detailing and some knowledge of construction materials and techniques.
* Excellent interpersonal and writing skills, have a commitment to work collaboratively and positively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
* Demonstrate self-motivation, flexibility with competing tasks, willingness to assist on all project levels, have a strong work ethic, apply a sensible approach, work under direction, show initiative and work proactively in a team environment.
* Class ‘C’ Driver’s Licence.
What’s on offer We are offering an attractive salary from $62,199.69 up to $68,474.33 p.a. pro-rata, subject to experience, plus Super. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Want to know more? Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Supervisor Civil Design Dariusz Juszczak on phone (02) 9806 8218. Make sure you download this position description PDF, 127.95 KB.
How to apply Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 4pm, Friday 11 October 2019 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
Please note the City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
City of Parramatta is an Equal Opportunity Employer, working to ensure our Council workforce is representative of the community we serve and encourage diversity within our teams. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.