- Our People
- Engineering Courses
- Built Environment Courses
- Engagement, News and Events
- Solar Car Website
- - Centre for Infrastructure Engineering
- - Centre for Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- - Intelligent Infrastructure Engineering
- - Renewable Energy And Water
- - Urban Transformation
- - Advanced Manufacturing
- - Future Materials
- - Advanced Technologies For Human Machine Interface
- - Digital Systems And Design
- - Centre for Smart Modern Construction
- Work Integrated Learning
- Contact the School
- Higher Degree Research
- Alumni and Industry
- Women Transforming the Built Environment
- Dean's Merit List Recipients
- Indigenous Strategic Plan
Community of Practice in Assurance related Professions
The Centre for Smart Modern Construction in collaboration with the Office of NSW Building Commissioner (OBC), has brought together key professional institutions involved in construction certification, to form a Community of Practice (CoP) in Construction Assurance Professions. This CoP has been in operation since January 2020. The below listed six core professional institutions mainly contribute to this CoP.
- Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (AIQS)
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM)
- Association of Accredited Certifiers (AAC)
- Australian Institute of Building Surveyors (AIBS)
- Fire Protection Association Australia (FPAA)
Other professional institutions contributed to this CoP are:
The centre consults professional bodies representing industry practitioners by way of conducting roundtable workshops.
This CoP has organised two industry-academic Roundtables.
CoP Roundtable 1 (CoP RT1):
The first Roundtable which was to establish current landscape of Quantity Surveying and Project Management services in NSW was held on 11 June 2020 as a virtual event due to COVID pandemic restrictions.
Please click here for further information about the previous event.
The outcomes were summarised into a report. Please click here for the CoP RT1 summary report.
CoP Roundtable 2 (CoP RT2):
The second Roundtable for the Community of Practice (CoP) in Assurance-related Professions was held on 17 June 2021 at 1PSQ, under the theme “Competency-related Issues in Construction Projects”. Over 80 participants attended the event. Participants included professionals representing the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (AIQS), Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM), Association of Accredited Certifiers (AAC), Australian Institute of Building Surveyors (AIBS), Fire Protection Association Australia (FPAA), Australian Institute of Architects (AIA), Engineers Australia (EA), Australian Institute of Building (AIB), and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA), and academic staff and doctoral researchers of the Centre.
Please click here for further information about CoP RT and its main outputs.
The outcomes will be summarised into a report, which will be available to view soon.